Are you interested in?
- Full-day sightseeing tour of Cape Peninsula
- Ideal overview of the area for first-time visitors
- Mix of hiking and driving for different sightseeing options
- Focus on natural attractions, including a penguin colony (optional)
- Guided commentary provides deeper insight into attractions
- Light snack and picnic lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select lodgings included
Departure & Return
Baz Bus Head Office - Ring at the purple gate.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Upon arrival at Hout Bay, take an optional boat cruise to the Cape Fur seal colony on Duiker Island (own expense), or spend free time browsing the local curio shops at the harbor. Return to the bus and snack on muffins and juice while admiring the views along Chapman’s Peak Drive (subject to road conditions).
Then, continue to Boulders Beach in Simons Town to visit a colony of cute African penguins (optional).
Our final stop of the tour is Cape Point Nature Reserve, a beautiful protected area with free-roaming wildlife and incredible landscapes.
After a healthy picnic lunch, take a leisurely stroll to the Cape Point lighthouse, and an easy hike to the southwestern-most point of Africa. Walk along the spectacular Diaz Beach encircled by dramatic cliffs and wild waves before you reach the famous Cape of Good Hope sign.
Then, climb back aboard your transport to return to your accommodation, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Bring along comfortable shoes, water bottle and a jacket in case it gets windy
- On certain days Chapman’s Peak drive will be closed. On those specific days the driver will be forced to take an alternative route to reach the next stop.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- OPERATED BY Baz Bus
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The tour of the cape peninsula and point is well worth the visit." See review