Get the ultimate up-close experience with Africa’s most famous beasts during this 8-hour safari cycling tour from Cape Town. Scout for giraffes, zebras, rhinos, lions, leopards, and more as you get closer to nature for a true wildlife experience. An accompanying armed ranger and back-up vehicle helps ensures a safe, fun, trip. Lunch and all bike gear is included.
- Take a game safari by bike during this excursion from Cape Town
- Skip the safari jeep and see Africa's amazing animals on a bike
- Get an up-close look at animals like lions, giraffes, zebras, leopards, and much more
- Explore the six square mile (1,550 hectare) Buffelsfontein Private Game Reserve
- Armed ranger and back-up vehicle help ensure safe experience
- Included lunch at the reserve lodge
- Ultimate way to experience an African safari
What You Can Expect
Receive a morning pickup from your accommodations in Cape Town, after a short pre-trip briefing, you’ll transfer to the Buffelsfontein Private Game Reserve, a six square mile (1,550-hectare) nature park for your cycling wildlife adventure. While en route make sure to enjoy the coastal scenery of beaches and fishing villages along the Atlantic coast.
Join a professional wildlife expert who will share insights into the habits of the reserve’s main residents, which include antelope, giraffes, oryx, wildebeests, kudus, zebras, elands, and springboks. You’ll also hear about the reserve’s lions and cheetahs, which live in special enclosures.
Then hop on your bike, accompanied by an armed ranger and back-up support vehicle as you head into the bush for your ride. This intimate experience with African game will heighten your senses to the sounds, smells, and sights of the bush. Still exhilarated from your close experience with nature, head back to the reserve lodge for an included lunch, along with a debrief from your wildlife expert about the plants animals you’ve seen during the ride.
You’ll finish with a transfer back to Cape Town and a drop-off at your hotel by 4pm.