Meet your guide at your hotel and hop aboard your traditional horse and carriage for a thrilling evening sightseeing tour. Soak up the atmosphere of Cartagena after-dark as you amble through the city streets, passing the modern buildings of Bocagrande, dramatically illuminated at night.
Clip-clop through the cobblestone lanes of the Old City, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and admire the brightly painted colonial buildings and historic city walls, lit up by streetlamps. Listen as your guide points out landmarks like the Palace of the Inquisition, the Cathedral de San Pedro Claver and Plaza de Santo Domingo; snap photos of the striking city skyline and cuddle up in your carriage as you watch the world go by.
End your carriage ride with drop-off at a local restaurant and head inside to enjoy a delicious 3-course meal, accompanied by a glass of wine – the perfect end to a perfect evening! Sample Menu
(choose one selection from each course):Appetizer:
- Mini mushrooms seasoned in garlic with fried calamari
- Shrimp ceviche on crunchy yucca tortilla with a guacamole side
- Fish fillet with lemon accompanied by steamed potatoes or coconut rice and sautéed vegetables
- Neapolitan chicken breast accompanied by pasta, mozzarella and Neapolitan sauce
- Chicken breast filled with vegetables and mango chutney accompanied by mashed potatoes and tropical salad
- Beef tenderloin seasoned with pepper accompanied by steamed potatoes or coconut rice and sautéed vegetables
- Montesacro flan
- Enyucado dulce (Colombian–style cassava cake made with coconut milk, cheese and anise)
- One glass of wine and a soft drink