Are you interested in?
Totumo Mud Volcano (El Totumo) Tours
36 Tours & Activities
142 Tours & Activities
219 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Totumo Mud Volcano is a one-of-a-kind attraction home to mineral-infused mud that’s reputed to have healing properties. Avoid the hassle of public transport and the expense of taxis on a stress-free trip to the the volcano, which include snacks and convenient hotel pickup and drop-off. You’ll have ample time to soak in the mud bath and, unlike conventional tours from Cartagena, this excursion includes a stop at Manzanillo Beach.
- Save time and travel to Totumo Mud Volcano with ease
- Avoid finding a meeting point with convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
- Spend ample time soaking in the mineral-infused mud
- Make a bonus stop at Manzanillo Beach
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers at the hotel, so we need mandatory the location of your hotel for the pick up,
please give detail information.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Swimsuit required inside the volcano
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY BackpackersCtg
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Its a great half day experience but try to get there early." See review
- "Short and sweet The volcano mud is remarkably rich and feels great The wash down afterwards is definitely a part of the experience as they literally bathe you Food is more of a snack but it is tasty" See review
- "Once you get to the volcano you’ll be a little weary with how tall it is but after the climb you see the mud and be a little hesitant but just jump in and you won’t regret it." See review
Product code: 34334P2
Compare Similar Experiences
Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena
1 hour 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeWater ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCartagenaBus Tours - Caribbean CoastHiking - Caribbean CoastNature and Wildlife - Caribbean CoastWater Tours - Caribbean CoastWalking Tours - Caribbean CoastHalf-day Tours - Caribbean CoastBus Tours - Santa MartaHiking - Santa MartaNature and Wildlife - Santa MartaWater Tours - Santa MartaWalking Tours - Santa MartaHalf-day Tours - Santa MartaBus Tours - San Blas IslandsHiking - San Blas IslandsNature and Wildlife - San Blas IslandsWater Tours - San Blas IslandsWalking Tours - San Blas IslandsHalf-day Tours - San Blas IslandsCategory
Convento de la Popa de la Galera Tours & TicketsPlaza de San Diego Tours & TicketsOld Shoes Monument (Los Zapatos Viejos) Tours & TicketsLa India Catalina Monument Tours & TicketsRafael Nuñez House Museum Tours & TicketsNaval Museum of the Caribbean Tours & TicketsTeatro Adolfo Mejia (Teatro Heredia) Tours & TicketsGold Museum (Museo de Oro Zenu) Tours & TicketsCartagena Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno de Cartagena) Tours & TicketsCartagena Cathedral (St. Catherine of Alexandria Cathedral) Tours & TicketsNational Aviary of Colombia (Aviario Nacional de Colombia) Tours & TicketsRosario Islands (Islas del Rosario) Tours & TicketsPalace of Inquisition (Palacio de la Inquisicion) Tours & TicketsIsla del Encanto Tours & TicketsTotumo Mud Volcano (El Totumo) Tours & Tickets