Are you interested in?
- Half-day trip to Totumo Volcano from Cartagena
- Relax in the rejuvenating mud inside Totumo Volcano
- Enjoy stunning mountain views as you soak in the unique atmosphere
- Round-trip hotel transportation included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Enjoy your half-day exploring verdant forests and glittering lakes for panoramic views of the surroundings. Arrive at the volcano, a legendary natural landmark steeped in history and legend; according to local folklore, a priest sprinkled holy water over the molten lava of the volcano, transforming it into the therapeutic mud bath it is today.
Sample some local specialties at an authentic local restaurant (own expense) before changing into your bathing suit. Climb the wooden staircase to the summit of the 50-foot (15-meter) volcano, and then descend by ladder into the viscous depths below.
Float upon the dense mud, choosing to receive a personal message from an on-site attendant. Rub the thick liquid into your skin to take advantage of its rejuvenating qualities, and then emerge to take a refreshing dip in a nearby lake. Rinse off and revitalize then relax during the journey back to your Cartagena hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We recommend bring a bathing suit, slip resistant shoes and towel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We also recommend taking sunscreen (preferably reef safe)
- Please enter your pick up location and details at time of booking
- Please Note: English support is limited/basic. This product doesn't offer a guided tour, it offers only basic support by your driver/guide.
- Most travelers can participate
- The community of Galera Zamba depends mostly on the tourism generated by the volcano. For this they offer all kinds of services such as taking pictures, mud massages and not to mention the great experience of being bathed in the lake by one of the women of the community. For each service the locals expect 5,000 pesos (1.5 USD) as a tip. So don't forget to bring a small change, this is one way to contribute more to the local economy
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Impulse Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.