Call (888) 651-9785
We spent 7 nights in Morocco, but we customized our route extensively. In addition to the places listed on the tour, we visited Chefchaouen, Essaouira, and Ait Ben Haddou/Ouarzazate. Chefchaouen was quaint and picturesque, and the other stops are worth the time if youre a fan of Game of Thrones or any of the other films and TV shows shot at these locations. These customizations will cost you, but you should be able to get a good deal with this company.
Other highlights include the Roman ruins at Volubilis, Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca and the dinner and live show at Le Blokk in Marrakech. The performers were talented and the price was very reasonable.
Our driver Mr. Ghali is a gentleman. He was very accommodating of our customizations, rescheduling hotel stays and guided tours, and getting up early as necessary. He was always punctual, courteous and funny. He is knowledgeable about things that will probably take you a lot of time to research yourself, like where to eat and find a clean bathroom, etc. The restaurants he suggested were excellent, less touristy and not very expensive. Mr. Ghali made us feel like we were in good hands.
A few things we were not so happy about:
- We spent 2 out of 7 nights at hotels/riads we thought were not up to standard.
- You may find your guides English hard to understand if you arent used to Arabic/French accents.
- If youre in Meknes, Fes or Marrakech, your guides will likely take you to shops as part of your tour where you may be subjected to high-pressure sales tactics. Beware! Remember to bargain! And if you dont want to visit such shops on the way, let your guide know that you arent looking to buy anything.
Overall, we had a great time in Morocco.
The trip was excellent, the history rich, the country is friendly, beautiful and the icing on the cake was our driver Tahar. Tahar brought an amazing sense of humor along with his genuine connectivity to the region and people. My wife and I highly recommend this tour-especially w Tahar!
We had a great week in Morocco with an authentic Moroccan experience thanks to our superb local tour guide and driver Mr. Ghali. He ensured we were comfortable during the trip and was very flexible, always on time and resolved any accommodation issues. The imperial city of Fes was our favourite.
Our tour guide was great. He did everything to make us happy. Set a pace just right for us. Made suggestions which were very helpful. Hotels could be improved.
Overall was a super vacation. Mr. Ghali thank you for your hospitality and humor. You became our friend. Thank you.
My cousin and I booked this tour for our Moroccan vacation. The tour operator provided an excellent private tour with one major hitch. I definitely recommend touring with Rick if you're heading to Morocco. Some details:
- This was our driver's first time chauffeuring a tour. He was a great guy and a bad driver. We were frequently lost, usually behind schedule and we had a couple of late hotel arrivals and missed meals. However, our driver got us to all of our tours on time.
- Our tour guide in Meknes spoke seven languages, none of which were English. Instead of waiting for an English speaking guide, we decided to take our tour in Spanish and had a lovely tour.
- We didn't like the first Casablanca hotel we stayed in, Oum Palace, very much. Rick kindly moved us to the Hotel Val d'Anfa which was lovely.
- This is a legitimate private tour for a price comparable to most of the group tours we considered. We had guided tours in every city, a dedicated driver and we stayed in four star hotels every night.
- The tour itinerary is outstanding. We were overwhelmed by the beauty and history of the cities and locations we visited.
- Our guides were excellent. All of them were local to the tour location, knowledgeable and friendly. Jalal in Rabat stood out as our favorite
- We would recommend a private tour in Morocco over a group tour, as many of the medinas we visited were crowded. With just the two of us and the guide, we could easily navigate the narrow streets and visit smaller venues.
- Rick set us up with an extra night in Casablanca and arranged for a small adjustment to our trip we skipped Beni Mellal and traveled straight on to Fez.
- Travelling with a dedicated driver and local tour guides at all locations felt very safe. We are both conspicuously foreign, so we were relieved to not have to worry about our security.
Overall, I definitely recommend this tour.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Wed Aug 22 00:18:19 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330219 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.