Discover the culinary side of the Windy City on this 3-hour Chicago food walking tour also known as the Second City Classics Tour. You’ll taste the delicious flavors of the Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods at seven separate venues with your guide, with food samples that amount to enough for lunch.
Between tastings, walk like a local down the tree-lined streets as your guide shares insights about city history, food and architecture. Strolling the streets and sinking your teeth into this quintessential cuisine, you’ll feel like a real Chicagoan!
Sample tasting locations may include the following:
- Old Jerusalem: Owner Ahmed Ali Awad studied the culinary arts back in Lebanon. Since, 1976 his family has been serving authentic Middle Eastern dishes in Chicago’s Old Town area
- Lou Malnati’s, a Chicago-style pizzeria serving up deep dish slices
- La Fournette, an authentic French bakery
- The Spice House, a shop selling hand-prepared spices and seasonings
- Old Town Oil, specializing in aged balsamic vinegars and extra virgin olive oils
- Tea Gschwendner, a specialty tea merchant
- The Fudge Pot, Chicago’s oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop.