Are you interested in?
- Enjoy 360 degree views of the mountainous terrain from the summit of Edoras
- Hear informative and entertaining commentary from your friendly guide
- Sit down to a delicious picnic lunch with Champagne
- Includes round-trip travel from your Christchurch hotel
Departure & Return
Tours depart from outside the main entrance of the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue.
What To Expect
You’ll bump along rocky terrain and traverse narrow streams en route to Edoras. On arrival at the movie site, follow in the footsteps of the noblewoman Eowyn, and stand at the summit for 360-degree views over alpine lakes, mountain peaks and high-country farmland below.
Your guide shares behind-the-scenes photos of Edoras under construction and points out significant geographical features of Middle-earth, including the Misty Mountains, the river Snowbourn and the valley of Harrowdale against the imposing Helms Deep. Learn why this particular site was selected by director Peter Jackson for The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Enjoy a picnic lunch (see the Itinerary for a sample menu) with a glass of sparkling wine, and pose for photos with replica props such as the flag of Rohan, Gimli’s axe, or the sword of Aragorn or King Theoden. Then hop back in your 4WD vehicle for the drive back to your Christchurch hotel, where your Edoras excursion comes to an end.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear good footwear and bring along a warm jacket
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hassle-Free Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "A can't recommend this tour highly enough - do yourself a favor and go if you're traveling through Christchurch." See review