Call (888) 651-9785
Delwyn N Australia
Our guide for the day was Saneth...he was informative, compassionate and interesting.
I highly recommend this tour as it's also very hard to cover so much ground in a day.
Great!! Our guide didn't really speak English so we didn't learn anything about the Dutch Fort. Maybe a printed handout would be helpful. Our guide stopped at a silk factory and moonstone mine as well. The boat ride in the Mangroves was fantastic!! We also really loved the turtle hatchery! Highly recomm nod this tour.
Great driver. Wonderful tour! Such rich history
Long drive but it was a fun day
Erickson M Philippines
Certainly worth doing when you're in Colombo. Here's why i only rated it 3 stars:
1. My driver was very professional, polite, and knowledgeable. He was also a very calm driver despite the craziness of the other drivers around him.
2. The Old Dutch Fort reminded me of Manila's Intramuros, although the former was much well preserved. Nice to see how they lived back in the day.
3. My favorite was the visit to the sea turtle hatchery. They're doing a great thing there.
4. the river cruise was 'ok.' We didnt see much wildlife although the visit to the small buddhist temple was fun.
5. Sri Lankan's are very friendly. At least every one i met on this trip.
1. We felt pressured to buy something or give a donation, and this was in every single place we went to, including the Moonstone mines not part of the itinerary but we were brought there, which was a good thing, but once you're there, you're pressured or coerced to buy something. So when you go on this trip, make sure you budget for these incidentals.
2. Lunch - the lunch was part of what you paid for. They just started cooking when we got to the restaurant we we waited for an hour for our food. And this was around 130pm already, and we were already very hungry, so we ended up eating around 230pm.
Overall, i dont regret going on this trip. In fact, I'm very glad i did. I just wont push it to my friends though.
again very poorly organised. Not much to do and see and nothing worthwhile. Over all we were forcefully convinced to spend time and money on useless herbal medicine.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Sat Feb 25 13:28:58 PST 2017 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330202 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.