Are you interested in?
Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Day trip from Copenhagen to the castles of North Zealand
- See the town of Elsinore, made famous in Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'
- See Kronborg Castle, the setting of Hamlet and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pass Fredensborg Palace, a residence of the Danish royal family
- Visit the 17th-century Frederiksborg Castle
Departure & Return
Vester Voldgade by Lavendelstræde under the bell tower close to the City Hall . Look for the sign in the front window of the bus saying: Castle Tour
What To Expect
On arrival, marvel at the structure of Kronborg Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site used as the setting for the film adaptation of Shakespeare’s 'Hamlet.' Venture within and enjoy a guided tour of the opulent chambers and stolid towers inside the castle.
Recharge with a traditional lunch (own expense), and continue towards Fredensborg, home to the summer residence of Denmark’s queen. Gaze at the regal splendor of Fredensborg Palace, located in midst of a park bordering the Esrum Lake, and then arrive at the next historical highlight of your tour.
Disembark at Frederiksborg Castle, a pearl of history built by King Christian IV in the 17th century. Take in the architectural mélange of Renaissance and Baroque styles and head inside to see a national historical museum replete with paintings, porcelain, and tapestry.
After a thorough exploration of the buildings, return to the vehicle and relax during the journey back to Copenhagen.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Practical shoes recommended
- Sandwiches, coffee and water available for purchase
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- OPERATED BY Strömma DK A/S
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms