Are you interested in?
Denali National Park and Preserve Tours
11 Tours & Activities
4 Tours & Activities
39 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Few places on Earth rival the grandeur of Denali National Park. This 3-hour hike, led by a naturalist guide, is limited to just seven people for a more personalized experience. Perfect for the first-time visitor, the experience is offered in the morning, afternoon or under the midnight sun (twilight), allowing you to explore the boreal Alaska Range forest at a time that suits you best.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Multiple tour options
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Expert naturalist guide
Some outdoor gear is available for use (e.g. rain gear, overboots, trekking poles, water)
Departure & Return
238.5 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trails are best described as moderate, with tree roots, hills, and mud in places. Bring your outdoor gear including sturdy walking shoes, water, jacket and rain gear. Some basic gear is available, including rain gear, overboots, trekking poles and water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Denali Backcountry Guides
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Which hotels are available for pickup on the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:Hotel pickup is offered from the following: Denali Wilderness Princess Lodge, Mckinley Chalets, Denali Bluffs, Grande Denali, and Mckinley Village.
How do I arrange hotel pickup for the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:Please contact the local operator directly at the phone number on your ticket at least 24 hours prior to departure to arrange meeting/pickup details.
How strenuous is the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:Moderate. The trail is not flat and the group will often walk 3-4 miles on these tours (depending on participants.)
What should I wear for the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:Wear layers, sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. You may bring a backpack with water and snacks. Don’t forget your camera, and bring binoculars if you have them!
What should I bring with me on the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:This is Alaska so bring your outdoor gear; sturdy walking shoes, water, jacket, and rain gear, along with your camera and curiosity. Some of the basic equipment is available, including rain gear, water, overboots and trekking poles.
How experienced are the guides on the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:The guides are among the most experienced in Alaska. Each guide has a minimum of five years of guiding experience in Alaska.
Are there any restrictions to participate in the Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years old or for guests with heart, back, or other serious health issues.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Denali National Park Walking Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "If this is your first visit to the park, taking this first tour to get the lay of the land and learn from a local about the park and life around the park is the way to go." See review
Product code: 7313P1
Compare Similar Experiences
Denali National Park Walking Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes