Check out Abu Dhabi, the UAE capital city, on a full-day tour from Dubai. Tour the white-marble Sheikh Zayed Great Mosque, discover the city’s Bedouin past at the Heritage Village, and delve into the traditional Dates Market. In between, see landmarks like the Emirates Palace, and stroll, shop, and have lunch (own expense) at the waterfront Marina Mall. Entrance fees, air-conditioned transport, plus Dubai hotel or central Dubai pickup and drop-off included.
Day trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi
Tour the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, a modern, white-marble masterpiece
Panoramic city tour passes landmarks including the Emirates Palace hotel
Shop at the Marina Mall and have lunch (own expense) at a restaurant of your choice
Experience bygone Abu Dhabi at the Bedouin displays of the Heritage Village
Visit the Dates Market to see and sample different varieties of this sweet palm fruit
Air-conditioned transport, entrance fees, and Dubai central or hotel pickup and drop-off included
Depart your Dubai hotel or a central Dubai location by air-conditioned vehicle and travel to Abu Dhabi, the UAE's capital city. On route, listen to your guide’s tales about the city and ask any questions you wish. Upon arrival, head for Abu Dhabi's crowning glory: the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, one of only two in the UAE open to non-Muslims. Tour this modern Islamic masterpiece, admiring its white-marble domes, courtyards, and main prayer hall, adorned with chandeliers and the world’s largest hand-knotted carpet. Then, take a panoramic city drive, admiring landmarks including the Emirates Palace hotel and ending at the waterfront Marina Mall. Enjoy time to shop here, and have lunch (own expense) at a restaurant of your choice. Continue to the Heritage Village, a celebration of Abu Dhabi’s pre-oil Bedouin roots. View the Bedouin displays to learn about bygone life and explore the souk to buy souvenirs (own expense) and watch craft-making demonstrations. Finally, visit the traditional Dates Market, seeing the stalls selling fresh dates from wooden barrels. Learn about and sample different varieties of this sweet, palm-grown fruit, and purchase some as souvenirs (own expense). Your full-day tour concludes back at the original departure point.
Viator Traveler's Reviews
, Sep 2017
The tour guy was not help at all. We didn't even stop and take pictures apart from the Mosque and Museum. Inside van was really hot. I would not recommends this at all it is money wasting.
Location was great but I wouldn't recommend this provider for the following reasons:
1. Felt like a rushed trip with only 15-20 minutes at each place not 30-40 as mentioned on the description.
2. Don't get a Air-Conditioned coach as mentioned either - tatty van with no working AC when questioned the guide brushed it off saying its working
3. The guide didn't care about the passengers, I had elderly parents on the trip and he stopped the vehicle further away at the Mosque so we all had to walk in the heat.
4. The guide wasn't willing to make conversation either.
5. Only stopped 15 minutes at the Dates market so you don't get a chance to buy souvenirs at all and he will take you to one particular shop probably has some affiliation with them and don't get enough time to look at other shops.