Explore the thriving metropolis of Dubai on this guided, full-day, small-group sightseeing tour. Step into Dubai’s past at Bastakyia, its most engaging neighborhood. Cross the Dubai Creek to take in the breathtaking view of the city. Visit Dubai Gold Souk, a market located in the heart of the commercial business district. See the Jumeirah Mosque, the most photographed mosque in all of Dubai and much more. Midday, enjoy a buffet lunch by the Dubai Fountain, the world's largest, choreographed fountain system. Admission ticket for the Dubai Museum plus a hotel pickup/drop-off included.
I booked this tour in March. A disappointment is an understatement.
I received no confirmation that we were booked in despite my card being charged. I e - mailed and no reply. Our Dubai hotel told that our tour was confirmed and that we would be picked up at 8.15
1. we were 45 minutes late being picked up just before 9am by an unkempt, unfriendly and rude driver. We were the only passengers. Not once did he tell us what was happening. We eventually picked up a family whose spoke Arabic. They were also annoyed as they were late being picked up.
2. After more driving around, the driver told us in Arabic I don't speak the language that we would have to get out of the mini bus and wait for the main bus to arrive. The family and the driver had a heated discussion in Arabic about this while we sat fearful between it all. Only the other passenger told my friend and I that the driver wanted to kick us out, we wouldn't know what was going on. The family and I refused to leave the mini bus in the middle of an unknown city! Awful, appalling start to our first visit to Dubai.
3. Main tour bus arrived and the guide and driver was friendly most of time. Around 2 in the afternoon, I asked when we would be having lunch and was shocked we could even think about food. He was mocking me and started rubbing my stomach and my friends telling us we eat so much already. How rude! we are size 10 girls. Gave us no time for shopping. Very strict and rigid.
4. Stopped for photos. Stopped at a gallery. Just a shop where we felt watched all the time and couldn't relax. Very forceful people working there.
5. We did not have lunch at the Musical Fountains. We had lunch in a restaurants where we told what we were having to eat. No choice whatsoever but the food was good. The tour group was starving by this stage.
6. We did not visit the Mosque.
7. The tour is advertised as being 8 hours - A lie.
We were collected from our hotel at around 8:15am and taken to our meeting point where we joined the other 4 guests.
The day consisted of visiting the Atlantis Hotel, the Dubai Museum, the Souks, the Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates and a lovely lunch at the Orchestra Dubai Mall.
Kamal our tour guide was excellent - great sense of humour, very knowledgeable and made the whole trip a great experience.
Money well spent :-
This tour was a disappointment. The tour guide was actually a driver for this travel agency and spoke very little English. Took us to the places listed on the itinerary and left us on our own. Not worth the expensive price that you charge for the tour. We had good experienced with Viator before but I probably won't Use it again for our future travel.
When I booked my tour, I wasn't aware that was Ramadan. I asked about the tour as soon as I learned the situation, and I was told that still was happening.. They pick me up next day, and basically all the interesting places were closed (museum, Souks, Mosques). I wasted my money!!!!
Despite having a fully pre-paid and confirmed booking for this tour, no pick-up time was noted and I arrived in Dubai well past office hours. When the hotel checked with you on my behalf, there was no record of my reservation. Only after I insisted did you agree to send a guide with another couple from Abu Ddhabi. Luckily the guide was a nice guy but his heavy accent made him difficult to understand. We did not have lunch at the Musical Fountains and the Emirates Mall with ski station was missed. We asked him to go back to the spice souk later after prayers, which he did, but there was also no Dubai creek crossing, eexcept on the bridge.
Overall,, it was a pleasant day and most things advertised were seen but the lack of communication, the lateness of the pickup, and the uncertainty of my reservation certainly took the shine off. I don't know if I would recommend you again..