After pickup from your Dubai hotel, travel by air-conditioned 4x4 into the desert to start your 5-hour small-group experience.
Along the way, learn about the importance of falconry in Emirati heritage. Hear how Bedouin peoples first used the birds to hunt for desert prey to add meat to their diet.
After around 40 minutes, arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, an area of protected desert founded to help preserve the region’s ecosystem. Then, enjoy a wildlife-watching drive around the dunes. Watch for rare Arabian oryx, as well as species such as hares, and hear about the work being done to conserve this natural wilderness.
Afterward, enjoy an interactive, group falconry experience. Get up-close to several birds, such as falcons or kestrels, from a prized family collection; and join in a falconry training session. Don a falconry glove and fly a bird from your hand to collect a lure and then return.
See different training techniques in action, watch the birds soar and swoop for bait, and learn about their hunting instincts. Following your 1.5- to 2-hour session, return to Dubai where your experience finishes with a hotel drop-off.
Falconry Experience with Breakfast:Upgrade to include breakfast before your return to Dubai. With the falconry over, drive to the ultra-stylish Al Maha Desert Resort nestled in the sands. Choose to sit inside or outdoors at the elegant Al Diwaan restaurant overlooking the dunes and plains, and savor a sumptuous international buffet of dishes such as omelets, mezze, pancakes and more, with included tea, coffee and fresh juice. Cocktails and additional drinks are at your own expense. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Al Diwaan Breakfast Menu (subject to change):
Cold dish selection:
• Fresh and dried fruit, pastries, cereal, cold cuts of meat, vegetable crudités, dumplings and cheeseHot dishes (choice of one):
• Two eggs, any style
• Al Maha omelet: signature omelet with artichokes, roasted pecans and smoked salmon
• Eggs Benedict: poached eggs and pork ham or turkey, topped with Hollandaise sauce
• Eggs Florentine: poached eggs and spinach, topped with Hollandaise sauce
• Eggs Royale: poached eggs and smoked salmon, topped with Hollandaise sauce
• Seafood omelet: crab, shrimp and chives
• Two-egg omelet: choose from a selection of fillings
• Burhgee: Indian-style scrambled eggs with lots of spice
• Full English: two eggs, served with classic side dishes
• Arabic breakfast: two eggs, served with hummus, labneh, medames (cooked fava beans with spices, herbs and lemon), olives and halloumi cheese
• Petit fillet mignonSide dishes:Grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, homemade hash browns, pork or beef bacon, pork or beef sausages
Sweet and savory:
• Brioche French toast with blueberry compote
• Large selection of tea, coffee and fruit juice
• Alcoholic morning cocktails (own expense)