Are you interested in?
- See the scenic foothills of Sniježnica Mountain as you travel to Brajkovici village by coach
- Visit four family-run wineries, enjoy three wine-tasting sessions and savor a hearty ‘peasant’s lunch’ to soak up the wine
- Watch a wool-making demonstration at an old mill in the seaside village of Ljuta
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Dubrovnik included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Located at the southernmost tip of Croatia, near the border of Montenegro, Konavle Valley is flanked by the Adriatic Sea and the foothills of Sniježnica Mountain. The valley boasts ample amounts of vineyards, as the climactic and geological conditions are ripe for winemaking.
Stop in the village of Brajkovici to visit a family-run wine cellar. Learn about grape cultivation in the area, as well as, about the age-old knowledge that local winemaking experts use to produce excellent vino.
Listen to your guide tell the history of the area, as you voyage from charming village to village, passing by olive orchards and citrus groves as your vehicle winds its way through the rural landscape.
Visit a few different wineries and meet the local winemakers, hearing about how the produce wine and learning about the chief characteristics of southern Dalmatian wine. Sample the best reds and whites on offer and don’t skip on the sweet dessert wines. At one vineyard, indulge in a typical ‘peasant’s lunch,’ that will be certain to soak up some of that wine in your stomach. Feast on eggs, cheese, bacon and bread and be sure to save some room for a slice of traditional cake served at the last stop.
Get back on the wine ‘train’ for the final stop: the coastal village of Ljuta, where you’ll stop by an ancient flour mill and watch a wool-making demonstration, performed by locals in historical garb.
After, hop back on the coach for the short ride back to Dubrovnik, returning to the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’ in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes are advisable
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gulliver Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The pickup and drop offs were optimised, touring bus was big enough, the train was comfortable and people could board and offboard quickly and the wineries were always ready, having setup everything in time." See review