- Overnight trip combining stunning Highland scenery with tales of Jacobite history
- Ride on the famous Jacobite Steam Train, better known as Hogwarts Express in the Harry Potter films
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Cairngorm National Park
- Small-group tour, with a maximum group size of 15, ensures a more personalized experience
- Choose from B&B or hotel accommodation for your overnight stay
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
En-route north, you will pass the breathtaking Drumochter Pass, skirting the dramatic peaks of the Cairngorm National Park before heading straight onto Loch Ness, to try and catch sight of the fabled Loch Ness monster. Your first day ends in Fort William, roughly an hour away from Loch Ness. Spend the night in B&B or hotel accommodation.
Start the morning on-board the famous Jacobite Steam Train, featured in the Harry Potter films as the Hogwarts Express. Regarded as one of the world's greatest train journeys, it's route passes a list of impressive extremes. Starting in the shadow of Britain's highest mountain (Ben Nevis), the train journey passes the deepest lochs, shortest river and most westerly train station in Britain. You'll cross the viaduct featured in the Harry Potter films and the Glenfinnan Monument where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his standard at the beginning of the 1745 Jacobite rising.
Depart the train at Mallaig, a pretty fishing village on Scotland's west coast and take time to sample Scottish seafood for lunch. Your return journey home includes a stop at Glencoe, a narrow glen framed by wild mountains and steeped in Jacobite history. Marvel at the remaining beauty of the highlands as you pass Ranoch Moor and Stirlingshire on your way back to Edinburgh.