Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Edinburgh Super Saver combing a 1.5-hour underground vaults tour and a 1.5-hour ghost tour
- Enjoy two of Edinburgh's top-selling tours and save money
- Descend to Edinburgh's underground vaults and discover the dark history of the subterranean labyrinth
- Visit two of Edinburgh's most haunted locations, Cannongate Kirkyard and the Blair Street vaults, on a ghost tour
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people
Departure & Return
Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF. Look for the 8 sided monument with white Unicorn on top. You will find a member of our visitor services team waiting here to check you in. They will be dressed in black, holding an iPad, wearing an orange lanyard & holding a black & orange umbrella.
Canongate Kirk, 153 Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8BN. This tour ends in the Graveyard of the Canongate Kirk on the Royal Mile, about an 8 minute walk straight down the hill from where your tour began.
What To Expect
At either 2pm or 4pm, greet your guide on Edinburgh High Street, opposite St. Giles High Kirk, and receive an overview of the dark history of the Edinburgh Vaults, a subterranean network of chambers beneath the 19 arches of South Bridge.
Descend to the vaults, shrouded in atmospheric darkness, and listen to tales of the underground community that once thrived below ground. Hear haunting stories of Infirmary Street, the former site of Edinburgh’s medical school, and search for signs of human habitation.
After 1.5 hours, return to sea level and spend time at leisure until your ghost tour at 7:30 or 8:30pm.
Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour in Edinburgh (1.5-hour)
On the high street, beside St. Giles High Kirk, greet your costumed guide and immediately immerse yourself in the dark past of Edinburgh. Terrifying tales set the scene as you stroll towards the Blair Street vaults under the cloak of darkness.
Descend to the vaults, renowned for their sightings of restless souls, and explore narrow passages while you hear stories of body snatchers, cannibals, and pacts made with the devil.
Then, emerge from the vaults and visit Cannongate Kirkyard: the final resting place of significant Scottish figures. Listen to legends surrounding James Douglas, known as the Cannongate Cannibal, and search the scenery for sightings of specters.
Your tour concludes back at your original departure point on te High Street.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must be aged 18+ to participate in this tour combo
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mercat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.