- Spend an evening in a renowned Edinburgh gastropub
- One-hour Scotch whisky tasting session, led by an entertaining whisky tutor
- Sample four malt whiskies from the main whisky-producing regions of Scotland
- Indulge in a decadent 3-course dinner, featuring gourmet Scottish produce
- Enjoy a final special dram of whisky after dinner
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
To appreciate how the taste of whisky varies by region, your whisky tutor will introduce you to the five stages of Scotch whisky appreciation: color, body, nose, palate and finish. Hear about the complex art of blending whisky and malt, and learn about the traditions, lore and recipes that give each whisky its individual appeal!
The grand finale to your evening is a decadent three-course dinner from a whisky-themed menu. Please see the itinerary section below for sample courses. Enjoy traditional Scottish cuisine, made with the finest local ingredients - a sumptuous dinner which is guaranteed to end your evening on a high note!
Please note, the menu changes weekly to make best use of seasonal produce.
- Glengoyne whisky barrel-smoked salmon served with sour cream and hand-made oatcake
- Salad of raw summer vegetables served with hazelnut dressing and lemon (v)
- The best traditional Haggis
- 6oz (170g) char-grilled 30-day aged Aberdeen Angus popeseye steak from a local butcher served with neeps (turnips), tatties (mashed potatoes) and a Bowmore Whisky-and-honey sauce
- Home-made open lasagna of Highland girolle mushrooms with a garlic cream sauce and a fennel, celery and orange salad (v)
- Summer fruits pudding served with whisky cream
This was absolutely fantastic. The food and atmospher was brilliant. While I am not a fan of Whiskey myself, I found the tasting informative and interesting. The staff are friendly and knowledgable and the location is far enough from the tourist strip for there to be locals present, but close enough for you to walk there within 10 minutes. I would recommend this venue to anyone.
The food in this restaurant was of very good quality. As a non experienced Whisky drinker, the Whisky tasting experience gave us a very good insight into and allowed us to sample the various types of Whisky's produced. Our guide was very knowledgable.