Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy an immersive experience of Alaska's history and culture on this half-day Fairbanks tour
- Explore the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitor Center and University of Alaska Museum of the North
- Browse interesting exhibits commemorating Alaska’s natural beauty and unique heritage
- Visit the many historical museums and attractions inside Pioneer Park
- Small-group or private tour ensures a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Next, travel to the University of Alaska Museum of the North. Gain insight into the issues uniquely affecting the northern region as you browse the botanical, geological, zoological and cultural collections.
Stop at the Yukon Quest Log Cabin, and learn more about the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race, a 1,000-mile (1,609-km) race between Fairbanks and Whitehorse. Get a kick out of the dog-mushing memorabilia and pick up souvenirs from the gift store.
Finish the day at Pioneer Park, opened in 1967 to celebrate the centennial of the Alaska Purchase. Located along the Chena River, this 44-acre (109-hectare) park boasts museums and attractions that commemorate early Alaskan history. Check out Gold Rush Town, the Tanana Valley Railroad Museum and the SS Nenana.
Your 5.5-hour immersive Alaska experience ends with drop-off at your Fairbanks hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Wildlife Guide LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "If you are a solo traveler, not that there is a two-person minimum for this tour." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews