Are you interested in?
- Day trip from Fairbanks to the Arctic Circle, Earth’s northernmost circle of latitude
- Travel on the famous Dalton Highway and spot wildlife along the Yukon River
- Learn about the region’s geology and indigenous Eskimo culture from your guide
- Enjoy free time to walk around, take photos, and have lunch
- Take home an official Arctic Circle certificate
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Speed along Dalton Highway, the same highway that appears in the TV show Ice Road Trucker, and when you traverse the Yukon River, keep your eyes peeled for wildlife. You’ll also set eyes on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS), one of the world’s largest pipeline systems that carries oil hundreds of miles across Alaska.
Arrive at the Arctic Circle, where most of the region is always blanketed with ice. Hear more about this major circle of latitude that is one of five making up the map of Earth. The sun never rises here in the winter, and in the summer, sunlight around the clock melts the icy waters.
Spend about an hour at the Arctic Circle. Take memorable shots of this special place and settle in for a lunch of beef stew and a sandwich (vegetarian option also available). in this remote landscape. Your guide provides facts about the local geology, as well as the indigenous Eskimo culture with roots in the region for thousands of years.
With an official Arctic Circle certificate and plenty of photos as souvenirs of this unique day, board your van for transport back to Fairbanks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please dress appropriately. During the winter months, temperatures are usually very low, so please dress in layers and wear warm winter clothing. During the summer month it could get very warm and rain might be always possible. We recommend to bring sturdy shoes and a rain/weather jacket.
- The weather conditions are in no way predictable in our area and we will not offer a refund in case of too many clouds.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Please no small children under 5.
- There is a possibility of cancellation due to dangerous weather and/or road conditions. If this occurs, an alternative date or full refund will be offered.
- Type of transportation: Van
- The group size is limited to 9 guests for each Transit van. Bigger group bookings are possible and multiple vans will be used in this case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Wildlife Guide LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized