Numbers are limited to 12 people on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 2.5-hour evening aperitivo tour of Florence
- Walk across the Ponte Vecchio and visit a gelato parlor in the Oltrarno neighborhood
- Enjoy aperitivo in two top Florence bars
- Snack on plates of Tuscan food like wild boar salami and ripe cheeses
- Wash down the food with a glass of Brunello di Montalcino or a Chianti reserve wine
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more intimate experience
What You Can Expect
A tradition firmly rooted in Italian life, aperitivo consists of a pre-dinner snack with drinks in a bar. While Milan is believed to have started the tradition in the early 1920s, other Italian cities quickly caught onto the trend, but few struggle to do it better than Florence; as the capital of Tuscany, the city has world-renowned ingredients right at its fingertips.
Leave the gelato parlor and stroll to a traditional wine bar for a glass of Tuscan wine – either Brunello di Montalcino or a Chianti reserve – alongside a platter of wild boar salami, Tuscan prosciutto (ham) and a selection of creamy ripe cheeses. Listen to your guide talking about the wine’s origins as you eat, and discover how to match wines with food.
Continue to your second and final bar of the evening near Piazza Pitti, enjoying a house cocktail with snacks. The exact dishes vary each time, but expect something typically Tuscan like bruschetta topped with juicy tomatoes and garlic. Your tour finishes here, but you can stay inside for as long as you like, making the most of your evening independently!
This was by far my favourite tour in our trip. Our guide was from Australia but has been living in Italy for many many years. My friend and myself arent wine drinkers so Linda catered the tour to more of a food tour for us which was brilliant. I have to say it made us so much more confident going into bars and small foodie places as we were able to experience how it all works. This is a big MUST on anyone's list!!!!!!