Average at Best
Tuscany Wine Tour | Sep 2019
1. The wine we got to sample was good
2. Tour guide was fun and energetic
3. Getting to experience San Gimignano wasn’t fun and provided a feel of what a medieval village is like
4. The tour was mostly millennials so it was easy to talk and connect with other couples during the tour
5. The winery guides at both locations were fun and provided a good experience. First stop was funny and put on a good show and the second location went into details about how their wine is processed.
1. Supposed to meet at 9:40 and leave at 10 am sharp. We left the waiting station at 10:15 and had another 5-10 minute walk to the bus. So started off 30 minutes behind schedule
2. I could be wrong, but thought the tour was limited to around 20-25 people. Our group easily had more than 50 which was far too large and I think was the ultimate reason why this tour was average.
3. Thought we’d get to sample more wine on the tour than we did since it was mentioned several times we’d get drunk and drink a lot of wines. We got to sample 7 glasses of wine between the 2 wineries. We did get to sample some olive and truffle oils at the first winery which were really good but thought we’d get more wine out of this for $80/person.
All in all, it was a mixed trip. My wife and I aren’t really into group tours but saw how many good reviews this got and thought it’d be fun. While we did enjoy the wines, oils, and San Gimingnano, I wouldn’t do this trip again unless the group air was at least cut in half. ...Read more