Get a true taste of Italy's famous Chianti region on this full-day wine and food tour departing from Florence. Led by a guide, travel through the Tuscan hills by a 4x4 off-road vehicle, stopping to visit a wine estate and historic villa, and a cellar specializing in bottles of Chianti Classico. Sample the finest specialties at each stop, and save room for a 3-course meal in the Chianti countryside before making the return trip to Florence.
- Full-day Chianti food and wine tour from Florence with 4x4 minibus transport
- Enjoy an off-road adventure through the Tuscan countryside
- Tour a historic wine estate and enjoy a wine, extra-virgin olive oil and cheese tasting
- Try Tuscan specialties with a 3-course lunch
- Explore Greve-in-Chianti with an optional visit to a famous butcher's shop
- Finish with a visit to a second winery and sample the renowned Chianti Classico wine
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour follows an off-road route in a 4x4 vehicle to showcase parts of Chianti many visitors miss.
Meet your guide in central Florence and hop aboard an air-conditioned, 4x4 minibus. Watch the city streets transform into the rolling hillside of Chianti, lined with vineyards and olive groves.
Your first stop of the day is at a winery belonging to one of the most prominent Italian families. Taste three wines paired with cheese and two olive oils, and enjoy a guided tour of the historic wine cellars. Travel to the olivemill through the villa's underground tunnels, as well as to the garden.
Afterward, head to a Tuscan restaurant and settle down for a 3-course meal, including regional specialties such as two different types of fresh pasta and two glasses of fine Chianti wine. (See the Itinerary for a sample menu).
Continue to the charming town of Greve-in-Chianti, where the Chianti Classico wine festival is held each year. Pick up a selection of typical salumi (cured meats) from one of Italy’s most famous butchers to enjoy later at the second winery.
Enjoy the last of your afternoon at a small, award-winning winery that specializes in Chianti Classico wine. Hear about the winemaking process while sipping and swirling delicious varietals. Your tour will conclude with a ride back to Florence.
• Crostini misti - slices of toasted bread with typical Tuscan toppings of fresh seasoned tomato, bean, porcini mushroom, patè and lardo di colonnataMain course:
• Two different types of pasta (pappadelle with a wild boar sauce and mezzaluna stuffed with ricotta in a delicate truffle sauce)Served with two glasses of wine (Chianti Classico and Chianti Classico Riserva) and bottled water