- Exclusive early access tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence, including breakfast at a nearby cafe
- Enjoy crowd-free access to Michelangelo’s 'David' with this Viator Exclusive
- Learn about Michelangelo's works from an art-historian guide and see San Matteo, Palestrina Pietà, and the Prigioni
- Enjoy free time at the Accademia Gallery to see art by Botticelli and other Renaissance greats
- End your tour with a delicious, traditional breakfast at a central Florence cafe
- Small-group tour limited to 19 people to provide a more intimate experience
- This tour cannot be booked anywhere else—don't miss out on this unforgettable experience!
Departure & Return
at the Accademia Gallery Museum, in front of My Accademia Library, Via Ricasoli, 105/R
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Among the first to enter, see the gallery’s highlights without the hordes of people that gather later in the day. Walk alongside your small group and guide to see notable Michelangelo works including Palestrina Pietà, Prigioni, and San Matteo.
Learn about the artwork as you wander the halls of the gallery, and then stand in awe before the 'David'—arguably Michelangelo’s most famous piece of work. Occupying a head-turning post under the gallery’s dome, David is often cited as the showpiece of Renaissance-era sculpture and remains one of the best-known pieces of Western art in the world.
Bid your farewells to 'David,' and leave the gallery for a cafe in the heart of Florence where a typical Italian breakfast (strong coffee and sweeter-than-sweet pastries) awaits. Or, if you prefer, stay at the Accademia Gallery for a little longer to explore on your own and discover art by the likes of Lippi and Botticelli.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.