Are you interested in?
- Half-day Heidelberg trip from Frankfurt
- Explore the ruins of Heidelberg Castle, and see the world's largest wine barrel
- Walk around Heidelberg's Old Town, and marvel at its pretty Renaissance architecture
- See the Karl Theodor Bridge and the Church of the Holy Spirit
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Departure is at 09:30 am for the Morning Tour at the bus stop in front of the Le Meridien Hotel, Wiesenhuetteplatz 38 in Frankfurt
What To Expect
Begin at Heidelberg Castle, strategically perched upon a hilltop overlooking the city, where you have time to tour the building’s impressive ruins. Explore the site’s architecturally diverse buildings and spaces, admire the sculpted portraits of famous German leaders, and check out centuries-old artifacts such as the Great Barrel that once stored up to 130,000 liters (about 34,342 gallons) of wine! Snap some panoramic photos of the lovely Neckar River before heading into town. Next, stroll along the cobbled streets of medieval Old Town, peeking into cloistered courtyards and viewing impressive landmarks like the Karl Theodor Bridge and the Church of the Holy Spirit.
After your tour, re-board your coach for the short ride back to Frankfurt. Return to the original departure point by afternoon or evening depending upon start time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Audioguide in several languages available inside Heidelberg Castle against a small fee
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with walking issues
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY ETS-Frankfurt
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms