Are you interested in?
- Day trip to Trier from Frankfurt
- Witness the fascinating ancient remains of this former Roman colony, said to be Germany’s oldest city
- Visit several UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Cathedral of St Peter, Church of Our Lady, the Roman Amphitheatre and Porta Nigra
- Learn about Trier’s rich history and architecture from your guide
- Enjoy free time to visit sights like the Roman Bridge, the Main Market (Hauptmarkt) and Palace Garden (Palastgarten)
Departure & Return
Departure at 09:30 am at the bus stop in front of the Le Meridien Hotel, Wiesenhuettenplatz 38 in Frankfurt
What To Expect
Enjoy a walking tour, learning about Trier’s history and architecture along the way. Trier is home to eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites, many of which appear on this tour. Visit the Cathedral of Trier, also known as the High Cathedral of Saint Peter in Trier, a Roman Catholic church and the oldest cathedral in Germany. See the Church of Our Lady, or the Liebfrauenkirche, the oldest Gothic church in Germany.
There are plenty of Roman monuments. Walk through the large Roman city gate known as Porta Nigra, the largest Roman city gate north of the Alps. Beyond the medieval city wall, visit the Trier Amphitheater, a Roman stage that used to showcase cruel games with animals and gladiator combats for public entertainment. And see the Trier Imperial Baths, the beautifully preserved ruins of a Roman public bath complex constructed in the fourth century AD.
Other highlights to explore are the Archaeological Museum, the largest and most popular museum in Trier; the Electoral Palace, the birthplace of Karl Marx and considered one of the most beautiful Rococo palaces in the world; Palace Garden, a crown jewel of garden architecture; the Main Market square in the middle of Trier and much more.
The tour ends with a return trip to Frankfurt.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infants and children must sit in a child seat, which means they need a separate seat, no matter which age (legal regulation)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY ETS-Frankfurt
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms