Are you interested in?
- 45-minute bird-watching tram tour on Grand Turk
- Explore the island with a naturalist guide who will point out a variety of native Caribbean birds
- Spot blue herons, stilts, whistling ducks, flamingos and more
- Enjoy unhindered views and photo ops from the open-sided tram
- See natural attractions like salt ponds, lagoons and gardens
- Receive a colorful bird guidebook to keep
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tram station near the cruise terminal Address: White Sands Resort on Grand Turk Directions: Meet your guides on the beach, to the left of the pier, before you enter the DUFRY STORE at the Cruise Center. Guides will provide wristbands, maps and instructions where to board the tram.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pass the salt ponds, or salinas, that provided many Grand Turk residents with their livelihoods during colonial times. These ponds are now home to indigenous birds such as the endangered pink flamingo, which aren't difficult to spot. The tram will continue on past marshes, lagoons and other hidden bird habitats that are part of your local guide's insider knowledge. Keep an eye out for pelicans, blue herons, hummingbirds and frigates and have your camera at the ready. Look through your provided full-color guidebook to help you identify the local species. After taking plenty of photos the island scenery and its wild inhabitants, return to the tram station with your souvenir bird watching guidebook to take home.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Island Trams Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.