Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Stop in Cockburn Town to shop and enjoy local food tastings
- See Governor’s Beach, Her Majesty’s Prison, the National Museum and the Grand Turk Lighthouse
- Pass by salt ponds and learn about the island’s salt industry
- Watch for wildlife like horses, donkeys and flamingos
Departure & Return
We are located on the beach next to the main cruise ship pier. After passing through the DUFRY store, make a LEFT through the craft market to the beach. Present voucher, guides will provide maps,wristbands, instructions where to board the trams.
What To Expect
Cannons, windmills, churches, inns and other historical attractions keep your guide busy pointing out the local sights. Pass many wild horses and donkeys, the Space Capsule, and Governor's Beach on your way to Cockburn Town, where you'll stop to sample some local foods and have a cool drink (not included in tour price). Disembark in historic Cockburn Town and visit some of the local shops and restaurants.
Back on the tram, pass Her Majesty's Prison and the National Building, both historical relics with interesting colonial architecture. On your way to the Grand Turk Lighthouse at the very northern end of the island, pass Crabtree Park and North Creek. Get a history lesson in Grand Turk's once-booming salt industry as you pass the natural salt ponds, known as 'salinas'. Dating back to the 1600s, these salt ponds were once the lifeblood of the islands, and are now home to flamingos and other tropical birds. After getting your fill of local sights and history, your tour ends back at the tram station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Island Trams Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "The price for the tour was much cheaper if I had booked on shore instead of online." See review