Are you interested in?
- Full-day trip to mainland China from Hong Kong with a professional guide
- Ride a catamaran to Shekou Industrial Zone in Shenzen
- Observe a Chinese panda at Shenzhen Safari Park
- See terracotta warriors from Xian at Shekou’s Exhibition Hall
- Take a guided afternoon tour of Guangzhou, China's largest trading port
- Enjoy Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour from selected hotels in downtown Hong Kong and Kowloon. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
What To Expect
Depart the school and head towards Shenzhen Safari Park to meet cute and cuddly pandas up close. Stationed along Xili Lake, this park is home to numerous species of protected animals, including Asian elephants, Siberian tigers and red-crowned cranes.
If time permits, make a stop at a local market to see how locals go about their daily lives. Purchase items and interact with mainland residents during this lively visit. Next it’s on to the Exhibition Hall in Shekou, where your guide leads you past Qin Dynasty terracotta warriors and horses that were discovered in Xian. Learn about their historical significance as you wander the halls of this impressive museum lined with bronze artifacts, sculptures and other artifacts that date back to the 3rd century.
Continue on to Guangzhou—China’s third largest city. Enjoy a typical lunch at a local restaurant and then venture out on a sightseeing tour of this urban landscape. Learn about the politics, culture and traditions that drive this city once known as Canton, and pay a visit to several key destinations, like the Six Banyan Tree Temple.
End your day with a return trip to Hong Kong and an express train to Kowloon Station, followed by a Hong Kong island transfer. A friendly driver ensures you arrive safely at your hotel after a memorable day touring mainland China.
Please note: Your tour is not confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking, This is required for your China group visa:
• Full Name as per passport
• Date of Birth
• Passport Number
• Passport Expiry Date
• Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you have continuous journey to Mainland China after your Hong Kong trip, you must hold a multiple entry China visa. It’s your own responsibility to apply for multiple entry China visa prior to the trip
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that the kindergarten is closed during school holiday
- Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.(Please make sure to provide 5 work days before the departure date)
- China Group Visa: Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking:
- Full Name as per passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiry Date
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
- Please note: Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online before they can visit or transit the HKSAR visa-free (if seeking to enter the HKSAR during transit). More detailed explanation, please check with Hong Kong Immigration Department
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- There will be no visit to the kindergarten for the period 19 Jan - 18 Feb 2019 due to Chinese New Year holidays
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Hong Kong, a division of JTB (Hong Kong) Limited
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Guangzhou (Canton) China Day Trip from Hong Kong.
- "You start your day 7am and return to your hotel at 1130pm it was such a long day and you spend 80 of your day travelling to and from places." See review
- "Only negative was this is a very long day, 16 hours from start to finish, would be beneficial if you could join the tour at the ferry terminal as was 2 hours from being collected to getting on ferry." See review
- "A long but well timed day that gives you just a taste of China." See review