Are you interested in?
Hot Air Balloon Rides
5 Tours & Activities
213 Tours & Activities
Hartbeespoort Dam Tours
5 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take in aerial views of the Magaliesbergs and the Cradle of Humankind on this hot air balloon safari. Get the best possible perspective on this striking landscape without paying for the high price of an airplane or helicopter tour. Spend the hour-long flight sipping champagne and enjoying the high altitude breeze, snapping photos and listening to commentary from your guide before landing for an included breakfast.
- Balloon flight is a great way to take in aerial views of the Magaliesbergs and the Cradle of Humankind
- Champagne and post-flight breakfast included
- Live commentary from your guide on the surrounding landscape
- Pickup and drop-off available
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Departure & Return
Departure PointYour Sandton hotel (if option selected) or Magalies River Valley if not
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please note that the flight is a 1 hour flight but you need to keep 4 hours free for the meet and greet, the flight, post flight beverages, transfer back the Clubhouse, Pavilion and Restaurant, as well as the breakfast afterwards
- Please advise us of any dietary requirements (non alcohol, vegetarian etc)
- Meeting time will be confirmed on confirmation of your booking - it is essential that you arrive on time
- Passengers need to be physically fit enough to stand for the duration of the flight (an hour) as well as jump unassisted from a chair to the ground (this would be the feeling of a bumpy landing should we have one).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required if selecting option with transfer
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bill Harrop's "Original" Balloon Safaris
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "The Bill Harris site is well organised and recommendable for a fun morning outdoor adventure." See review
Product code: 34827P1
Compare Similar Experiences
Early Morning Balloon Safari with Breakfast from Magaliesburg
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesHot Air Balloon RidesNature and WildlifeSafarisHalf-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesJohannesburgUnique Experiences - GautengHot Air Balloon Rides - GautengNature and Wildlife - GautengSafaris - GautengHalf-day Tours - GautengUnique Experiences - PretoriaHot Air Balloon Rides - PretoriaNature and Wildlife - PretoriaSafaris - PretoriaHalf-day Tours - PretoriaUnique Experiences - Port ElizabethHot Air Balloon Rides - Port ElizabethNature and Wildlife - Port ElizabethSafaris - Port ElizabethHalf-day Tours - Port ElizabethCategory
Rhino and Lion Nature ReserveMuseum AfricaWorkers' MuseumNewtownHartbeespoort Dam SAB World of BeerPilanesberg National ParkWalter Sisulu National Botanical GardenHillbrow TowerConstitution HillMontecasino Bird GardensAha Lesedi Cultural VillageNelson Mandela BridgeLiliesleafCarlton CentreJohannesburg ZooOld Fort Prison ComplexJames Hall Museum of TransportJohannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia DamSatyagraha House