Are you interested in?
- Paddle around ice floes and admire dramatic scenery en route to the glacier
- Embark on a glacier trek and learn about the area’s natural history from an informative guide
- Transport from select hotels included
- Small-group, family-friendly tour limited to 12 people ensures a more memorable experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age minimum of 12 years and older only
- Safety harnesses fit up to 42 inch waist size and 28" inch leg size. Not able to accommodate larger waist/leg sizes. Max weight is 250 lbs per person.
- You must include the following in the comments section when booking: rain gear & shoe sizes for each passenger, (for adult men and women, S-XXL and youth, S-L) and any pertinent medical information
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide their ship's name
- At time of booking, clients staying locally must provide the name of their place of lodging
- At the time of booking, clients must provide the following for each participant: name, age, height/weight, rain gear and shoe size, and any pertinent information regarding medical issues (or history) and allergies. Smallest shoe size that can be accommodated is Youth 2 and largest is Adult 14.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All participants must be physically capable of paddling 5-6 miles round-trip and hiking/trekking approx. 2 miles round-trip
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All participants are required to sign a waiver before beginning the trip
- A specific amount of time on the ice cannot be guaranteed. The amount of time on the glacier is dependent on the group's pace and weather conditions.
- Visiting specific features such as ice caves, moulins, etc. cannot be guaranteed due to the constantly changing nature of the Mendenhall Glacier. Your guide will assess the hazards on the day of the trip to determine if a particular area is safe to trek upon or enter.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Maximum weight is 250 lbs per person
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Above and Beyond Alaska
If you cancel between 8 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Mendenhall Glacier Canoe Paddle and Trek.
- "While it was a bit strenuous it was well worth it!" See review