Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Alaska shore excursion of Juneau Icefield
- Fly over the Juneau Icefield on a narrated helicopter flight
- Land on a glacier for a guided walk on the Juneau Icefield
- Learn about your surroundings from your expert pilot-guide
Departure & Return
Turn right into Airport car rental lot and an immediate left. Drive towards end of parking lot, our main office is located on the ground level. It is a greenish large hangar.
What To Expect
Soak up unforgettable views as you fly over icefalls and rock formations. Gain insight into Alaska’s natural history and meteorology from your pilot-guide.
Then, your pilot navigates to Herbert Glacier depending on weather conditions. Touch down right onto the glacier surface. Leave the helicopter and do something few people get to do—take a guided walkabout on a glacier nestled high in the mountains, covered with snow and ice. Your pilot-guide points out notable landmarks and explains the local geology.
Take your final picture of your stellar surroundings and step back aboard the helicopter. Enjoy the bird’s-eye perspective during your return flight to Juneau. Your Juneau shore excursion ends with van transport back to the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money is refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: All passenger names and weights MUST be advised at time of booking, as they are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting. To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 280 lbs (127 kg) or more must pay an additional USD$100 to secure extra space in the aircraft. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- No-bag policy. If you have medical needs that require a carry on, please note at time of booking. All bags brought to base will be stored in the tour office until you return from your flight
- Dress warmly and in layers, and wear rubber-soled shoes such as a light hiking boot or athletic shoes. The tour company will provide overshoes and can supply raincoats as needed. Remember to bring your camera, film and binoculars!
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time or full refund
- Cancellation policy: 100% non-refundable
- Please ensure your weight is in the correct format (kgs/lbs) when you include your weight at checkout
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Coastal Helicopters
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I would not have brought boots for the glacier if I had known they give you boots to wear over your shoes." See review
- "This tour was an unbelievable experience, and although somewhat costly, it was WELL worth the money." See review
- "It would be nice if ice boots had a little more grip." See review