Call (888) 651-9785
This trip was one of the coolest things we've ever done! I was looking for a way to raft the Tara River and had no idea what canyoning was but thought it sounded interesting. It turned out to be the highlight of our whole vacation. The canyon itself was beautiful and surreal but the hiking, swimming, and jumping off waterfalls made it unforgettable. Marko was also extremely accommodating and made sure we were comfortable the whole time. He also took the long route to the camp afterward so that we could see the stunning Durmitor National Park. Along the way we sampled local food, visited a local cheese maker, and stayed in a local village. If you like to be outdoors and truly experience a place, this trip is a must.
What to expect:
- Depending on where you start it will be a few hours' drive to the canyon. We had great conversations with Marko in the car and stopped for coffee along the way.
- When you arrive at the canyon all of your equipment will be provided to you but you will be in a remote location so I would recommend already having your bathing suit on. Wearing a one piece for ladies and compression shorts for guys might make it easier to get the wetsuits on and off. The situation was very similar for rafting although there were outdoor stalls with shower curtains.
- Bring a waterproof video camera like a GoPro. Marko took and provided lots of pictures, but our videos capture the experience so much better.
- Have some extra clothes readily accessible for the end of the day because you will be getting back in the car for long drives. Keep in mind you will be putting them on over your wet bathing suit.
- The camp was rustic but nice and there was wifi. There were private bathrooms but you need to bring your own shampoo if you're backpacking try to grab some from a hotel.
- Take Marko's recommendations for food and try something new. All of it was delicious!
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Mon Sep 24 09:06:21 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330228 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.