Are you interested in?
422 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
1080 Tours & Activities
684 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Royal Selangor is a renowned producer of fine, high-end pewter products and a Malaysian institution. This half-day factory tour gets you up close to the smithing done every day in their Kuala Lumpur pewter factory, the largest in the world. Discover the history of pewtersmithing in Malaysia and learn the secrets of making pewter products, then get your hands on a mallet and make your own to take home in the factory’s ‘School of Hard Knocks’.
- Round-trip transfers are included for those staying in downtown Kuala Lumpur
- See Royal Selangor’s pewtersmiths making hard at work in the factory itself
- Just bring cash for souvenirs: your entrance fees are included in the tour
- Learn about the suburbs and sights of Kuala Lumpur from your driver
Saved to wishlist!
Assistance of English speaking driver/guide
Pick up/drop off service from major KL City hotels only
Sightseeing/Tour service in an air-conditioned vehicle/s
Entrance to School Of Hard Knock (Hands on Experience)
All Meals and accommodation as and where not specified above
Any Camera/video camera fees and all personal incidentals/insurance
Tips & Gratuities for Driver and tour Guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please be ready at hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick up time. Our guide will announce your name at the lobby area for pick up. Should you require further assistance please contact our hotline at +6016 6018 696
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY TOUR EAST MALAYSIA
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pewter Smithing Experience (School Of Hard Knocks)?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pewter Smithing Experience (School Of Hard Knocks)?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pewter Smithing Experience (School Of Hard Knocks)?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pewter Smithing Experience (School Of Hard Knocks)?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 34669P11
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKuala LumpurBus Tours - Petaling JayaHistorical Tours - Petaling JayaHalf-day Tours - Petaling JayaBus Tours - PenangHistorical Tours - PenangHalf-day Tours - PenangBus Tours - Sentosa IslandHistorical Tours - Sentosa IslandHalf-day Tours - Sentosa IslandCategory
Aquaria KLCC Petrosains the Discovery CentreMerdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)Cameron HighlandsCape Rachado LighthouseSunway LagoonPerdana Botanical Garden (Lake Gardens)Kuala Lumpur Butterfly ParkKuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary (National Elephant Conservation Centre)King's Palace (Istana Negara)Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur Cruise Port)MinNatureJalan Masjid India Night MarketRumah Penghulu Abu SemanKuala Lumpur Bird Park (Taman Burung Kuala Lumpur))Taman Warisan Pertanian (Agriculture Heritage Park)Taman Negara National ParkPetaling Street MarketSri Mahamariamman TempleIllusion 3D Art Museum