Are you interested in?
236 Tours & Activities
46 Tours & Activities
52 Tours & Activities
3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Spend some time getting acquainted with the food and culture of two historically important and beautiful districts of Kyoto on this guided walking tour. Stroll over the ninth-century Togetsukyo bridge and make stops to sample local snacks. After a visit to the 14th-century Tenryu-ji temple, head to a beautiful bamboo garden and indulge in some traditional Japanese sweets. This tour of Arashiyama and Sagano is a great way to get to know Kyoto.
- Small-group food-themed walking tour of Arashiyama and Sagano in Kyoto
- See ancient bridges and temples and learn about the history of each spot
- Stop for some traditional snacks, like fish cakes and sweets
- Small-group tour ensures plenty of personalized attention from the guide
Saved to wishlist!
Professional and friendly local guide
(Lunch) Croquette, Negiyaki, Sweet Potato, Sweets
Entrance fee for Tenryu-ji Temple & Jojakko-ji Temple
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Extra food and drink
Other personal expenses
Transportation fee to meeting point
Departure & Return
11-1 Sagatenryūji Kurumamichichō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8373, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking (App. 3.5 km) and stairs are included
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 21490P7
Compare Similar Experiences
Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingKyotoFood Tours - Kansai PrefectureWalking Tours - Kansai PrefectureHalf-day Tours - Kansai PrefectureFood Tours - OsakaWalking Tours - OsakaHalf-day Tours - OsakaFood Tours - IzumisanoWalking Tours - IzumisanoHalf-day Tours - IzumisanoCategory
Byodo-in TempleToei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)Myoshin-ji TemplePontocho AlleyHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)SaganoTogetsu-kyo BridgeNishi Hongan-ji TempleRyoan-ji Temple & GardenEikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleSaiho-ji TempleKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Shoren-in TempleChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)To-ji TempleKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailNanzen-ji TempleNishiki MarketHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Jojakko-ji Temple