Call (888) 651-9785
The tour from our perspective was a bit misleading. Here are the gaps we felt:
- Itinerary/Copacabana: We expected some walking around and guiding at Copacabana, but this is only a lunch stop. We only got to see the restaurant and the port.
- Itinerary/Sun Island: There was no walking on the island the morning of 2nd day as it is described in the itinerary the 2nd day was just breakfast and leaving the island. Therefore the only guided time at the Sun Island was from arrival at the port to accommodation 1hr and a bit of walking on the hill before dinner 1hr.
- Accommodation: From the price we expected a 3-star, basic but a decent hotel. We requested for the name of the accommodation the day before but the agency said they still had not booked any as they work depending on availability but that they work with places with hot water and private bathrooms. They also had told us beforehand that we had a choice of staying near the coast or up the hill. At the end, what they booked was a hostel up the mountain the water was warm at best from the shower the shower head had a poorly working heating device. only cold water faucet at the washbasin, not warm enough to take a shower when the temperature drops to 4C/40F outside. We checked all 3 rooms with this type of shower but none worked. The one bath towel provided was not dry they dry hanging outside, so if the weather does not allow it will not be dry and no heat available in the room either, so it was hardly a comfortable stay.
- Guiding: Not a lot of information compared to other guides, and we had to ask questions to get information, partly because the guide was mostly preoccupied texting with his mobile phone. The guide was on time at the very beginning for pick up, but otherwise was always late meeting for evening hike, breakfast, and leaving the island. It would've also be better if he could care a bit more about the customers first when we eat, as he took our spare of biscuits provided in a basket as well as available type of tea.
- Extra charge: we were picked up at the hotel but the bus terminal still charged us for the bus just going through. Not indicated on this website, but the cost was very minor.
The Sun Island was a beautiful place so it was worth visiting. The experience of crossing the Titicaca Lake with buses on rafts was very unique. The lunch and dinner provided was satisfying. The girl at the hostel provided us with a pet bottle with hot water to use as heat, from her generosity. So expect a half-guided tour, less walking time on the Sun Island, no hot water or heat in accommodation, and you won't be disappointed or book your own accommodation and take one of the boats from Copacabana by yourselves.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Mon Jul 16 05:34:31 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330222 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.