After a morning pickup from your select Las Vegas hotel, make a stop at the famous Las Vegas sign for a photo, then get to know the comedian guide on the 40-minute trip east to Hoover Dam. On the way, stop in Boulder City to check out the Boulder City-Hoover Dam, which offers interactive displays and exhibits, photographs, artifacts and oral histories of the men and women who built the facility back in 1931.
Upon arrival at Hoover Dam, enjoy a detailed history lesson from the guide, followed by a 30-minute Power plant tour. Learn about the dam and its operations, as well as the many unique features around the site, like the huge water pipes and mammoth generators. Then take a 1-hour walking tour around the top of the dam, where many a photo has been taken from the arch bridge that spans the Colorado River between Arizona and Nevada.
Lunch will be provided, then on the return trip to Las Vegas, learn more about Sin City (including some little-known stories). The tour ends with drop-off at your select Las Vegas hotel.
Sample menu options (subject to change):
• Bean and Cheese burrito covered in ranchero sauce served with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
• Hot turkey sandwich with cheese on wheat bread with mayo, lettuce and tomato. Served with fresh potato spuds
• Chicken Enchiladas topped with ranchero sauce served with beans, fresh shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
• Fresh homemade spaghetti served with mild Italian Sausage Sauce served with garlic bread
• 1/2 pound burger cooked medium-well with lettuce, tomato and 1000 Island Dressing. Served with potato spuds
• Veggie burger and fresh cut potato spuds served with lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo