Following pickup at select Las Vegas hotels, climb in to the climate-controlled vehicle for the 45-minute drive to the Hoover Dam. Get to know your guide and small group along the way, learning about Hoover Dam history through your guide's commentary.
Upon arrival, start your visit with the Powerplant Tour. Descend 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of the Black Canyon to see the Nevada Powerwing. Stroll through the generators and see the enormous pipe inside one of the diversion tunnels. After poking around in the depths of the earth, take the elevator back up to the Visitor Center. Get a full picture of the Hoover Damn's history through the exhibits and displays that show the building of the dam and its daily operations.
The highlight of this tour is the Walk on the Top portion: trek over the top of the dam itself for 45 minutes. This excursion is one of the only from Las Vegas to offer this option. Stop by the bypass bridge to see the dam from above, before hopping back into your bus to head back to Las Vegas.
During the trip home, stop for lunch to fuel up after your day of learning, seeing and doing.
Your 6.5-hour tour concludes with drop-off back at your select hotel in Las Vegas.
Sample menu options (subject to change):
• Bean and Cheese burrito covered in ranchero sauce served with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
• Hot turkey sandwich with cheese on wheat bread with mayo, lettuce and tomato. Served with fresh potato spuds
• Chicken Enchiladas topped with ranchero sauce served with beans, fresh shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
• Fresh homemade spaghetti served with mild Italian Sausage Sauce served with garlic bread
• 1/2 pound burger cooked medium-well with lettuce, tomato and 1000 Island Dressing. Served with potato spuds
• Veggie burger and fresh cut potato spuds served with lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo