Are you interested in?
Nature and Wildlife
14 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
39 Tours & Activities
How to Spend 3 Days in Launceston
16 Tours & Activities
3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
To see native Tasmanian birds and animals in their natural habitats rather than in a zoo, this Launceston Cataract Gorge walking tour is ideal. Starting an hour before sunset, you’ll embark on a guided walk at one of the best times of day for wildlife watching. While there are some uphill sections and steps, the path is well formed and suitable for most visitors.
- The timing of the 3-4 hour walk changes seasonally
- A fun, family-friendly outdoor activity
- Snacks and alcoholic beverages are included
- Use of an infrared camera after dark provides great night vision
Saved to wishlist!
An infrared camera is used streaming video of native wildlife to iPads at the table.
Shy Native Wildlife - sometimes they are a bit camera shy and don't come out as expected.
Departure & Return
147 Paterson St, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
Meet outside the Kings Bridge Hotel bar.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Tasmania Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during 3-4 Hours Launceston Cataract Gorge Local History Walking Tour with Wildlife?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 3-4 Hours Launceston Cataract Gorge Local History Walking Tour with Wildlife?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 104378P2
Compare Similar Experiences
3-4 Hours Launceston Cataract Gorge Local History Walking Tour with Wildlife
3 to 4 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Night ToursNature and WildlifeClimbingWalking ToursHistorical ToursPhotography ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportLauncestonNight Tours - TasmaniaNature and Wildlife - TasmaniaClimbing - TasmaniaWalking Tours - TasmaniaHistorical Tours - TasmaniaPhotography Tours - TasmaniaHalf-day Tours - TasmaniaCategory
Tamar Island Wetlands Tours & TicketsLow Head Pilot Station Maritime Museum Tours & TicketsDesign Tasmania Tours & TicketsGrindelwald Swiss Village Tours & TicketsBen Lomond National Park Tours & TicketsLaunceston City Park Tours & TicketsClarendon House Tours & TicketsLaunceston Planetarium Tours & TicketsEvandale Tours & TicketsGeorge Town Watch House Tours & TicketsBrickendon Tours & TicketsTamar Valley Tours & TicketsPlatypus House Tours & TicketsSeahorse World Tours & TicketsBay of Fires Tours & TicketsBeaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre Tours & TicketsNational Automobile Museum of Tasmania Tours & Tickets