The email or password you entered isn't correct. If you've forgotten your password, please reset it. Click here
There was an error logging in, please try again.
Log in to Viator
Log in to add things to your wishlist and access your bookings from any device.
Don’t let limited time in Lima stop you visiting Huacachina and Paracas. See the desert oasis and natural hotspots on a full-day tour, ideal for travelers short on time. After traveling to Paracas, you’ll embark on a boat tour of the Ballestas Islands, regularly compared to the Galapagos Island, to see colonies of sea lions and seals. Then, explore Huacachina desert in a dune buggy and go sand boarding. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
Take a boat tour of the Ballestas Islands, a natural haven in Paracas
Admire sea lions, seals, and rare species of bird in their natural environment
Ride a dune buggy and go sand boarding in the desert oasis of Huacachina
he tour was good. Ballestas islands is pretty but Huacachina is really amazing. the oasis is very pretty and sand boarding in the desert is really a once in a life time experience.
What fall short is that we didnt stop to overlooking the oasis to take pictures. the guild did not give enough instruction and leading to late start and late leave. Time could have been more well spent rather than waiting for others and then learn that they are actually not going for the buggy ride
Herded like sheep, lots of standing around, unsafe driver, misleading pix!
, Nov 2019
1) be aware that you are joining a huge tour bus of people
2) the driver kept texting while driving - finally had to say something to Carlos to make him stop. You are responsible for 30+ people and have the nerve to text and drive?! Are you kidding me?!
3) Carlos and Nicole - nice people, but also, unprofessional behavior like kids. Carlos playing some shooting game on his phone making noise, and sometimes crouching by the door vaping - I'm in the front row so can clearly see and smell his stupid smoke. And both of them sitting with their shoes up - disgusting. I have a picture of these dirty shoes up and driver texting in the same picture lol where can I post this?
4) They try to have you eat at this one restaurant, the meeting point, in Paracas, but there are better ones
5) "Sand Boarding"? More like Sand Sledding! On your belly. The pictures here show stand up but that's not what you get. You have to pay extra for it, which I would have done but when I asked about it, they said it would be available at some point but I never got the opportunity. So I was stuck laying on my belly.
The buggy rides were fun - remember to bring a little cash to tip the driver I didn't know and left my wallet safe somewhere else and felt bad I couldn't tip him. Also - figure out if you want to lay on your belly down, or if you really want to strap in and board and have that confirmed and ready. I missed out o that, what a bummer. The dunes are really magnificent.
Overall, the Islands and the dunes are great to see - but find another company than this Peru Hop. May be good if you're like in your 20s.
- Side note - Nicole was very nice and I thought she did a great job being aware of people, esp given how large the group was
- If you like private or small tours, this is not for you
This is a perfect day trip from Lima. Especially if you only have limited time in Lima. It's a very long day but very well worth it! Very well organized. Thank you PeruHop and LisaMarie for taking care of us!
My group and I had an amazing time! Lisa-Marie was awesome! She’s really the best guide ever! Everything was great from the pick up all the way to the drop off. She made everything smooth & fun! - love your Miami girls
Great day trip from Lima. Starts very early, so make sure you get breakfast before hand, or have snacks. The only thing is, due to traveling so far out of Lima, there is no time to stop otherwise. First place to grab food is in Paracas, but you have about 10 minutes before the boat tour, so if you want to use the bathroom it can be kind of a rush. The dunes were great, but expect a WILD ride through the desert. Lisa-Marie was a nice tour manager, very bubbly.
This was a thoroughly well organised and fun tour from start to finish. Peru Hop made the experience extremely enjoyable and the guide was fantastic. Huacachina itself was incredible, and the boat tour was a great bonus. Would recommend this trip to all.