Make your own way to the Tower Pier on the Thames River and step aboard your comfortable sightseeing boat. Be greeted by your onboard host, help yourself to an aperitif, and be shown to your reserved table in the inviting saloon.
Enjoy the views of the Tower of London as your boat pulls away from dock, and drink in the occasion and setting as you cruise east toward Greenwich and back along the Thames to Westminster. Admire the passing landmarks such as Tower Bridge, the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament, all of them bathed in golden floodlights. Take snaps of Big Ben, with its illuminated clock showing the time as it ticks towards midnight.
As you soak up the sights, sit down to a sumptuous 4-course dinner of classic British dishes, accompanied by a half-bottle of red or white wine. See the Itinerary below for a sample menu.
Afterward, perhaps take to the dance floor and celebrate New Year’s Eve by dancing to well-known pop hits played by the onboard DJ. Alternatively, take a turn on the outer deck to enjoy more of the sparkling city lights.
Just before midnight, dock at Westminster Pier to count down to 12 and watch the spectacular annual fireworks display. Then, with the chimes of Big Ben ringing in your ears, raise an included glass of chilled Champagne to welcome in the New Year.
After toasting the moment with your fellow guests, continue with the music and dancing until the early hours. Your cruise then finishes when you dock back at the start point.
Sample Dinner Menu (subject to change):
First course (choice of one):
• Smoked salmon mousse with mustard and dill
• King prawns with lemon and mesclun salad
• Vegetarian option: Roast vegetable timbale with grilled aubergine, basil, Gorgonzola, olives and toasted pine nuts
Second course (choice of one):
• Roast chump of lamb with rosemary, wild mushroom, shallot and redcurrant sauce, and potato dauphinoise and seasonal vegetables
• Vegetarian option: Baked stuffed field mushroom filled with artichokes, asparagus and créme fraiche topped with lattice pastry, and potato dauphinoise and seasonal vegetables
• White and dark chocolate truffle mouse, served with blackcurrant coulis and vanilla sauce
• Petit fours served with tea or coffee