Relive one of the 20th century’s most elegant periods of cruise ship travel as you explore the transatlantic oceanliner ‘Queen Mary’ on your port excursion in Long Beach. This iconic 1930s oceanliner is packed with fascinating passenger stories, unique secrets and beautiful interior design.
Start your visit to this historic oceanliner any time during its normal hours of operation, heading to the vessel’s current home in Long Beach, California. You’ll find it via a 20-minute walk from the Long Beach cruise terminal or via a 15-minute drive from the San Pedro cruise port.
During your visit choose from among a variety of different admission options and tours. Each option will help you gain a sense of the ship’s unique history and its many tales of supposed haunted areas and famous celebrity passengers. Take a self-guided tour that allows you to wander the ship’s various compartments from front to back and top to bottom, or choose to visit the variety of exhibits and special performances. Explore a Cold War-era Russian submarine, revisit the life of England’s Princess Diana, join a ghost tour or learn about the ship’s essential service during World War II, helping the Allies to victory. For a full rundown of ticket options, along with the exhibits and activities they cover, please review the itinerary section below.
Please note: This excursion is not covered by Viator's worry-free shore excursion policy, so please allow ample time to ensure your timely return to the port.
Ticket options (for more information about each activity, see below):
- General Admission: Self-guided Shipwalk Tour, Ghosts & Legends show, Queen Mary Historic Exhibit and an optional audio tour.
- First Class Admission: Self-guided Shipwalk Tour, access to all exhibit areas, Ghosts & Legends show, entrance to the Scorpion Submarine and choice between the Behind the Scenes Tour or WWII Tour.
- Grand Voyage Admission: Self-guided Shipwalk Tour, Ghost and Legends Show, Diana, Legacy of a Princess exhibit, Russian Scorpion Submarine and a choice between the Behind the Scenes or WWII Tour
- Royal Admission: Self-guided Shipwalk tour and Diana, Legacy of a Princess exhibit
- Haunted Encounters: Self-guided Shipwalk Tour, Ghosts & Legends show, Haunted Encounters Tour, Haunted Encounters film, Ghost Sighting Scavenger Hunt and souvenir Paranormal Passport.
Exhibits and activities on the Queen Mary
in Long Beach:Audio Tour
Explore the ship at your leisure and let your audio guide take you through the story of the Queen Mary
. Included with General Admission ticket option. (Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours)Behind the Scenes Tour
This guided walking tour offers you a deeper look into the ship's history, from her construction and launch to her passenger service and days as a troopship. (Approximately 1 hour)
World War II Tour
Learn the story of the “Grey Ghost,” the Queen Mary’s
alias during World War II, and how her involvement in the war helped lead the Allied forces to victory. (Approximately 45 minutes)
Haunted Encounters Tour
Take a guided ghost tour of the Queen Mary’s
most haunted areas as your tour guide reveals the stories of the ship's most famous reported apparitions. (Approximately 1 hour)Ghosts & Legends show
Dare to experience the Queen Mary’s
famous paranormal hotspots on this interactive special-effects show. (Approximately 30 minutes)Scorpion Submarine
Explore an authentic Cold War-era Russian submarine, code name "Scorpion," and find out about the life of a submariner. (Approximately 30 minutes) Queen Mary Historic Exhibit
Discover the Queen Mary's
past with this interactive exhibit, where you can step back in time to learn about her sailing years and her war service.Diana, Legacy of a Princess
The exhibit is a priceless collection of evening gowns, personal accessories, and cherished memorabilia associated with Princess Diana and the Royal Family