Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip from Los Angeles
- Scenic tour of the Southern and Central California coasts
- Visit Santa Barbara and see the Spanish Mission
- Stroll through Solvang, an authentic Danish town
- Tour Hearst Castle
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your tour guide
- Air-conditioned transportation in a deluxe van or bus
Departure & Return
6:30AM Departure Los Angeles Farmers Market Corner of West 3rd Street and Fairfax Boulevard Meet at entrance of Starbucks Coffee Shop
7:00am Departure Four Points Sheraton Culver City Meet in the hotel lobby
What To Expect
Start your trip in the morning, leaving from either the Los Angeles Farmers Market or the Four Points by Sheraton in Culver City. Head north by coach along the jaw-dropping California coastline, making your first stop of the day in the town of Solvang. This quiet hamlet, situated in the Santa Ynes Valley and originally founded by Danish settlers, played a key role in the iconic film Sideways. Admire the city’s unique Danish-inspired architecture and Little Mermaid monument, based on the story by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen. The statue is a reproduction of a similar public artwork in Copenhagen. Don't forget to stop by Solvang’s tasty Danish bakeries and Danish-themed shops before leaving town.
Continue your trip at the renowned Hearst Castle. Your memorable visit to the estate of William Randolph Hearst takes you on an in-depth visit inside the luxurious home of this renowned media magnate. Once a frequent hotspot for Hollywood’s elite, Hearst Castle is packed with a floor-to-ceiling collection of artwork and antiquities that spans the globe. Check out Greek pottery that dates from 800 BC alongside priceless oriental rugs and elegant statues. In Hearst’s heyday of the 1920s and 1930s, invitations to this estate were a hot commodity, so be sure to document your visit to prove to others you were there.
Proceed next to Santa Barbara. When you arrive in town, head to the city’s Old Mission, a religious structure that helped give the city its name. You’ll also hear from your guide about the role these Spanish settlements played in the founding of the state of California. Then check out Santa Barbara’s harbor and explore its sublime beaches.
After finishing your excursion in Santa Barbara, continue back along the coast as you return to Los Angeles. It’s a laid-back, scenic way to end your wonderful day along California’s incredible diverse coastal areas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Tour of Mission Santa Barbara is not guaranteed
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Hearst Castle is located 245 miles north of LA, so be prepared to spend quite a lot of time in the mini-bus, but it you want to see it, just do it!" See review