Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day tour to Tangier, Morocco, from Malaga
- Enjoy views of the Mediterranean Sea on a ferry ride across the Strait of Gibraltar
- Take a walking tour of the medina
- Go shopping in Tangier's local bazaar
- Enjoy a traditional Moroccan lunch of couscous or tagine
Departure & Return
Avenida de Andalucía, bus stop nº11 in front of Caixa Bank.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After around an hour at sea, arrive in Tangier and set off on a panoramic coach tour of the modern quarter, known as the Ville Nouvelle.
Admire the promenade and tree-flanked avenues; and hear about Tangier’s 20th-century history, when it came under a mix of French, Spanish and British governance.
Next, take a walking tour of the small souk, where locals trade in foodstuffs and other goods, and then delve into the atmospheric alleyways of the medina (walled city). Stroll down the maze-like passages past tea houses, decorative doorways and shops, and stop to see the casbah (old citadel), with its whitewashed walls.
Browse the spice markets, watch a snake charmer, and visit a bakery to view and sample (own expense) some freshly made breads and pastries.
Scout out souvenirs at a bazaar selling carpets and handicrafts, and enjoy lunch at a typical Moroccan restaurant. Feast on a local classic such as slow-cooked tagine stew, and as you eat, watch a display of traditional Berber dancing.
Duly refreshed, drive to Cape Spartel, a promontory overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar. Absorb the stunning views and after a break for mint tea, continue to a beautiful, dune-fringed beach.
Take a camel ride (own expense) here, or alternatively, enjoy some free time before catching the ferry back to Spain. Your tour finishes at the start point in Malaga.
Please note: the itinerary and scheduling of this trip is subject to change according to ferry timetables, weather conditions, and the Ramadan holiday.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the terrain in Tangier is uneven and hilly and the trip contains a lot of walking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please note that the client must obtain his own visas, passports, vaccination certificates and other documents required for the entry and stay in the countries included in the program
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "I wouldn’t recommend this tour unless you prefer large groups" See review