Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Evening tapas tour in Palma
- Discover the ‘Ruta Martiana' tradition of a free drink with every tapas or 'pincho' (open sandwich) order
- Enjoy five tapas or 'pinchos,' each with a Spanish wine, beer, or soda
- Visit some of Palma’s most authentic bars and tapas haunts
- Soak up Palma's sociable evening atmosphere
- Get insider tips on Palma's bar and tapas scene
Departure & Return
Meeting point: Plaza de Sant Francesc, Palma de Mallorca city centre, in front of the church Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///chambers.back.slope
What To Expect
On route, hear about the city’s ‘Ruta Martiana,’ a tradition that arose after Spain’s 2008 financial crisis. Faced with cash-strapped customers, several bars in Palma’s old center initiated this business-boosting concept—every Tuesday (‘martes’ in Spanish) evening, customers ordering a tapas would receive a complimentary drink.
The idea quickly took off, and this tour lets you experience it like a local, on Tuesday evenings and other nights. Stroll from quaint bar to quaint bar, and stop at each to enjoy a delectable tapas dish or pincho, teamed with a Spanish wine, chilled beer, or soda.
Each bar has its own speciality, so expect treats like Mallorca’s biggest tortilla, Spanish jamón (ham), grilled lamb ribs, and fish-topped pinchos. Five tapas dishes or pinchos, plus five drinks are included. Ask your guide for recommendations if you can’t choose, and if you’re still peckish, order more (own expense).
The bars hit different notes, too: expect to cozy up in indoor nooks or relax on outdoor terraces overlooking plazas, churches, or hidden lanes.
Your tour ends in Palma’s Plaza Mayor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In Spain, the legal drinking age is 18 years.
- Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures Spain
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I would highly recommend this tour for anyone who likes to visit new restaurants and try many different things." See review