Call (888) 651-9785
Loved the Marrakech tour to Erg Chebbi and the luxury camp plus camel ride. It is a long trip and you are in a minibus for 8 hours but the trip is broken up with several stops along the way, like coffee at the stunning Atlas Mountains where the temperature plummets. To lunch at the Ait Benhaddou kasbah where Games of Thrones is filmed, along with many other famous films. Stopping at the Todra Gorge for an overnight hotel stay and dinner which included air con and private amenities. Before heading out for another drive stopping at a Berber town where you see how the local's farm which includes a carpet demonstration and sale. Then the last dash to make the Sahara, jump on the camels, to reach base camp, to watch the sunset followed by dinner. Loved the tent, double bed and private amenities, necessary for a good nights sleep before waking for sunrise and the camel ride back. Then back in the minivan back to Marrakech which is also broken up again with lunch and toilet stops along the way. I only wish I had booked two nights in the desert, to really experience the Saraha, as it was not long enough, given the long drive. Meeting people from around the world was also another highlight of the tour, sharing insights into what makes us similar, yet different and sharing an experience where I made new friends.
If you did your research you will find there are many tours like this one. The classic traps apply to this one as well: the places they take you for lunch are as expensive as they get in Morocco, there will be other short visits during the day with guides which mandatory tip is not included and you will do a lot of driving. However, if you know these are the rules, everything will be absolutely perfect with this trip.
I am not here to describe it, many people already did it, only to say that Guillaume our diver was fantastic. He stopped every time we asked him to, he was nice, a very good driver, an excelent company and did his best to make us have the best time.
Regarding the company: if you provide your Rhiad location they will contact you one day before telling you when you will be picked up. It's pointless to contact them before that, you will only get a generic answer.
If you are reading this and are unsure to hire this one or the same trip provided by another company, there is really no reason for not hiring this one.
Great tour! Definitely worth the money and the long journeys in the car. Would not hesitate in booking it again.
Booking from Viator was very simple and easy. 3 Day tour Marrakech to Merzouga by way of Dades Valley and Erg Chebbi Camel Trek- LUXURY OPTION
- The local tour agent - have to call them to confirm place and time of pick up. Only emailed the confirmation the day before the tour after I called.
- The hotel pick up was on time, and the drop off on tour conclusion was also well organised with our Riad where there was a staff from our Riad who fetched and walked us back to our Riad as vehicle can not access to the alley where our Riad was We were impressed wilth this as we could have made our own way to the Riad.
- The van can use a bit more ventilation, I think some of the air vents are not working?
- The itinerary and the tour itself was well thought of. We have visited amazing sites, view of Atlas, Berber village with some outlook of their culture through their knowledgeable tour guides. We never felt rushed, ample time to enjoy the view and take photos.
- The village who showcases and sells carpets/rugs were very nice and hospitable people however, we felt that we are a bit confused with the price, and felt uncomfortable with haggling with the price. It would be better if they have a standard honest price.
- The lunch stops were not all good, average food.
- The hotel that we stayed in need some updating. We were not happy with the food, specially the portion. We felt that there was not enough food for everyone dinner. The room was VERY COLD, not enough heating. And they turned off the water heating overnight and turned it back on at 7 am after we asked for it.
- Both camel rides was AMAZING! Just enough time about an hour each way to view the sunset, and the next day for the sunrise. Again, not felt rushed, have plenty of time for photos. The aches and pain after the camel ride was really worth it!
- The LUXURY tent we had was OUTSTANDING. A real LUXURIOUS experience. Red carpet, lighting. We did not mind paying extra to have the luxury option because it was really unbelievable! Beautiful tent, with heated shower, and toilet, fresh, and crisp bedsheets, and towels. Smells Gorgeous too. Dinner was delicious. The way the camp was set up was breath taking. With entertainment after dinner around the bonfire. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this experience. Make sure you get the Luxury option, it was really worth it! We highly commend the staff who attended to us Saed, Mohammed, and Hassan. Also to the drivers who took us to the camel ride. They were all so nice and kind.
- Lastly we want to say a BIG thank you to our 3 day tour driver MOHAMMED who kept our journey safe. He was very friendly, approachable, pleasant, cautious and a safe driver. He looked after us very well and ensure we have enough stops along our travel was such a LONG drive for toilet and refreshments.
An exceptional wonderful experience all together! I would highly recommend.
We had a great Tour because our Driver Mr.Mohamad were realy good. he stoped every 2 hours and we didnot feel long trip to Sahara.
unfortunetly sahara tour were so short, we were in desert from sunset till sunshine!
its long trip and I recommad to take 4-5Days tour.
This is the best excursion I had with my wife. Our driver was really professional and well organized. His driving matter was excellent as the road is not easy. Luxury desert camp and camel ride are the highlights of the tour with sunset and sunrise the day after. This trip was very organized and the night in the luxury desert camp desert was fabulous. We will come back surely to these places.
Great tour. Desert was beautiful and the lodging and tour guides were good. Food was just average for most meals (and expensive for Morocco, about $10 for each lunch), but there were a couple good ones. Would recommend.
This is the best group tour I have ever attended. Our driver was courteous. His driving matter was very good. Luxury desert camp and camel ride are the highlights. This trip was very organized. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children.. I guarantee your kids will love this.
Absolutely incredible experience! A lot of driving, but beautiful scenery all around. However, once we reached the Sahara, every minute of driving was worth it. The desert is even more breathtaking in real life than in pictures. We highly recommend this trip!
This tour was amazing! We saw so much on the way to the desert. The desert itself was amazing! The tour guide that drove us everywhere was the nicest person ever. Hussein was amazing to us all and always had a big smile on his face!! I can't say enough about how well planned this trip was and how well they took care of us.
When going to the desert from Merzouga, I would recommend there is no need for you to bring anything with you. I brought my whole backpack and didn't use any of it! There isn't really anywhere to brush your teeth and you are there for such a short period of time that I just slept in my clothes! When you get to camp, you have an amazing dinner best tagine I had the entire trip! and then you sit by a fire singing and dancing. You crawl into bed for a few hours sleep before getting up again for sun rise. It was such a great experience and so enjoyable.
I also managed to get a ride to Fes rather than going back to Marrakech and only cost a little extra 250 dirhams. It saved me so much time on travel as I wanted to go north after the trip. The tour company and the driver can help you out with anything that you need. They aim to please and always with a smile!
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Thu May 24 11:04:48 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330233 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.