Discover Melbourne’s many delights on this tour that never stops moving! Meet your guide at Federation Square, and then hop aboard a boat for a 1-hour cruise down the Yarra River. Take in the passing sights of historic wharves, modern skyscrapers and lovely river gardens as you glide down the mellow currents. Enjoy a gourmet box lunch during the ride (see Itinerary below for a sample lunch menu).
At the end of your cruise, hop aboard an air-conditioned coach for an informative, 3.5-hour sightseeing tour of Melbourne’s urban highlights. Your driver will provide commentary as you drive by attractions like the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the National Tennis Centre, the Shrine of Remembrance, Arts Centre Melbourne and Docklands.
Stretch your legs at Kings Domain, home of the Royal Botanic Gardens. Stroll through the lovely park and refresh with Devonshire tea if you like (own expense).
In the evening, take a seat aboard the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant — a popular ‘restaurant on wheels’ built inside a vintage cable car. Relish the elegant surroundings and a delicious three-course meal featuring local produce and your choice of beverages from a well-stocked bar (see Itinerary for a sample menu). As you dine, the tramcar will roll through the pretty suburbs of South Melbourne, Prahan, St Kilda and Malvern for a truly memorable meal.
Yarra River cruise lunch box sample menu (choose one):
• Chicken - "Bogota" Aioli Chicken Sandwich - pulled chicken with homemade aioli, rocket, avocado on multi-grain bread
• Vegetarian - "Amazonas" Sandwich - roasted pumpkin, sautéed Portobello mushrooms, mozzarella, cheddar and tasty cheeses with lemon sauce on multi-grain bread
• Pork - "Los Llanos" BBQ Pork Sandwich - slow cooked pulled BBQ pork with salami, ham, tasty cheese, caramelized onion, pickles on multi-grain bread
• Gluten Free - grilled chicken breast (100g) with mix green leaves in a light and fragrant lemon dressing (dessert is South American Alfajor (cookie))Note: All boxed lunches include seasonal fresh fruit, homemade dark chocolate brownie or homemade crunchy macadamia/dark chocolate cookie and a drink (juice or water).
The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant sample menu:
Appetizer (choose one):
• Chicken liver and cognac pate crowned with pink peppercorns
• Roasted red capsicum dip served with assorted crisp breadMain Course (choose one):
• Grilled chicken fillet served on a Mediterranean vegetable risotto with pesto, shaved parmesan and a roasted tomato sauce
• Victoria-farmed eye fillet of beef resting on a potato and herb rosti, with seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and rich beef jusDesserts (choose one):
• Warm sticky date pudding topped with butterscotch sauce served with cream
• Vanilla bean panna cotta with crumbled pistachio and sweet cherry syrupBeverages:
• Wines: select Victorian red and white wines
• Bar: beer, whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, Bacardi rum and dry vermouth
• Liqueurs: port, cognac, Drambuie, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau and Tia Maria
• Coffee and tea