Are you interested in?
- Walking tour of Carmel with gourmet food and wine tastings
- Sample delicious chocolates, pasta, olive oils, wines, and farm-to-table preparations at popular local restaurants and boutique shops
- Learn about Carmel’s history, culinary scene, culture and architecture from your enthusiastic insider guide
- All food and wine tastings included
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people provides a more intimate experience
Departure & Return
The tour meets in the courtyard in front of the main entrance to Carmel's Sunset Cultural Center. The Sunset Center is located on San Carlos Street, and the entrance is at the intersection of 9th Avenue, across from the Carmel Woman's Club. The courtyard is located at the bottom of the stairs.
We end 2-3 blocks from the starting point, depending on the day's itinerary. Our guides are happy to give you specific return instructions, or walk you back if you're not comfortable with navigation.
What To Expect
You’ll make stops at restaurants, stylish watering holes and food shops to meet business owners and sample different food items. You may visit places like Casanova Restaurant, Trio Carmel, Anton & Michael, Terry’s Lounge at the Historic Cypress Inn, Lula’s Chocolates and Affina Food & Wine. Learn about the ‘locavore’ concept as you sample goodies such as gnocchi, olive oil, seasonal risotto, wine or cocktails, and locally made truffles and caramels. In general, the tastings add up to an average lunch.
Finish up in the early afternoon, which leaves you plenty of time to continue exploring Carmel on your own. Total walking distance is just more than 1 mile and includes several tasting breaks; it’s suitable for adults of all fitness levels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; we are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice
- Minimum age is 21 years for alcohol consumption.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers age 4 and up; tour is geared towards adults but well behaved children are welcome
- No children under the age of 4 allowed
- ** We can accommodate vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten- and lactose-free diets with advance notice ONLY. Please inform us of any food allergies at time of booking. We are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice, so please note any special restrictions on your reservation.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Carmel Food Tours
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands