Call (888) 651-9785
Explore the Maasai Mara National Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park while packing in their top highlights during this 4-day tour from Nairobi. Go deep into the African plains and set out on daily game drives across the parks. Watch for the animals that emerge at dusk; see hippos and crocodiles along the banks of the Mara River; and keep your eyes peeled for lions, leopards, buffalo, and even baboons. Three nights of accommodations, round-trip transport, and national park fees are all included.
Would highly recommend the Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru trip, it was amazing!! Our driver Titus was extreamly friendly and welcoming. We saw so much wildlife, including the big 5, thanks to his great knowledge. John our cook was also very friendly, and our meals were lovely and very large portions.
My daughter and I booked our tour through Viator and were happy. Our safari in Masai Mara was great and we saw so many wild animals. Lake Nakuru Park seemed small compared to Masai Mara but the lake itself with the flamingos and other birds is worth seeing and we had the chance to see a black rhino. Our driver Morris had very sharp eyes and was able to spot the animals easily. I would definitely recommend this tour and especially if you don't have a big budget.
Overall a pretty great tour. We were in a van which wasn't amazing as not as much suspension in a van as in a Jeep and the roads are very bumpy and dusty. But the roof opens up so you can see everything clearly. The camp is very basic but has a shower and toilet in each tent. The beds were comfortable. Limited charging ability for phones/cameras - only a generator to use for a few hours a day so suggest you bring a battery pack. Overall saw basically every animal.
Daniele T France
Very enjoyable tour. We were able to see many animals in the wild. The accommodation was very basic but it is according to the price. We had a cook with us and the food was good.
Let’s start with the only good things about this tour:
1. We saw almost all of the animals promised.
2. John, our cook, was amazing. Extremely accommodating. Truthful and honest communication, and kept us in the loop throughout. Give this man a raise.
And now, for the bad:
1. Dangerous, unsafe driving in a broken van. Peter, our driver, took constant, dangerous risks. Our car got stuck repeatedly. It also broke down a few times, e.g. in a ditch as he attempted another dangerous route. There were always better visible routes to take but he ignored them each time. We felt unsafe the entire time. His car was old and unmaintained. For example, the trunk couldn’t easily open and close, requiring a tool, except it opened up while driving and things flew out the back. Another: On our way back from Masai Mara, the car died three times, eventually requiring a tow into a town. The delays meant we didn’t get to see Lake Nakuru in the evening OR sleep in the park. For the breakdowns and unsafe driving alone, I would never recommend this tour company or tour. They should lose their license.
2. Lack of communication. Problems happened from the first day: we had to wait in the tour company’s office for over two hours. Most annoyingly, they never communicated the delays or why they were happening. “Hakuna Matata” they’d say. As a result, we didn’t see Masai Mara the first evening, and didn’t see Lake Nakuru in the evening because of the breakdowns and other delays. John — the cook — did his best to tell us what was going on, but our driver, Peter, hardly spoke with us at all.
3. Delay after delay. I’ve traveled in Africa and India and understand delays. However, every delay could’ve been controlled. Not sleeping in, Peter not being ready to go in the morning, the van breaking down. On our way back to Nairobi, with a new driver and van (Sammy), we delayed because he stopped to shop for himself for over 20 minutes, and stopped at places no one wanted to go, for himself.
4. We did not get to stay in the Lake Nakuru National Park, as promised, and missed opportunities to see more rhinos. We saw 1 white rhino (no black rhinos) and had no time to look for more.
Maybe we were just unlucky, but I would never, ever recommend this tour company.
Some content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
© 1997–Mon Jul 23 08:16:03 PDT 2018 Viator, Inc. MAR015 - 330220 All rights reserved. Viator is a registered trademark of Viator, Inc.
is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc. Travel with an Insider is a Service Mark of Viator, Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Viator's Terms & Conditions.