Are you interested in?
3 Tours & Activities
15 Tours & Activities
On the Water
5 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Good for avoiding crowds
Skip the crowded ferry around Abel Tasman National Park and choose a more hands-on, down-to-earth way of exploring the coast on this waka paddling tour. Paddle up to Toka Ngawhā (Split Apple Rock) with your small group and immerse yourself in Māori culture and customs along the way, learning karakia, paddle commands and a waka salute – all in te reo Māori.
- Start your haeranga (journey) with a mihi whakatau, a formal Māori greeting
- Learn about the Māori history of the Park and its surroundings from your guide
- Swimming and sunbathing opportunities on your arrival at Split Apple Rock
- Early start: back in Kaiteriteri in time for lunch – and any afternoon bookings
Saved to wishlist!
GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Departure & Return
Kaiteriteri-Sandy Bay Road, Tasman 7197, New Zealand
We will have a carpark available for you.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Waka Abel Tasman
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 58631P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursKayakingHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingNelsonWater Tours - South IslandKayaking - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCategory